Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Default A Pig In A Silk Suit

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Starting with Trump.
    I'll second that motion

Quote Originally Posted by ndavies View Post

Stupid suggestion from someone who doesn't have a clue about manufacturing.

Domestic auto plants in the south pay exactly the same as in the north...... Due to the UAW. Foreign manufacturing plants in the south are cheaper since they don't have to worry about the UAW. [[well, VW might end up with a union. Even with that the Tennessee plant would still be cheaper than building in Germany.)

The only reason to go to the southern US, is to get away from higher State taxes and higher utility bills. Michigan handed the OEMs huge tax incentives to stay during the recession. It's the reason Michigan ended up with $0 in business tax income this year. They gave out more in tax incentives than they collected.

Even the foreign auto plants in the southern US pay way more than the Mexican plants. This is the Reason the assembly plants go to Mexico.
    Correct, hit the nail right on the head.
    Last edited by SDCC; May-20-16 at 12:59 PM.

At least Trump realizes and freely admits that American workers are getting the short end of the stick on these "Free Trade" deals. Hillary fully supported NAFTA and strategically back peddles only when courting Sanders supporters or other blue collar voters. There's no reason to think that the offshoring will slow or stop with her in the White House.

Trump's suggestion to move production around the U.S and somehow follow cheap labor is ridiculous, but that is just one line from the article. The rest of his statements about the offshoring of U.S jobs are IMO right on target, but I guess those should be ignored for the sake of a good click bait title.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; May-20-16 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    At least Trump realizes and freely admits that American workers are getting the short end of the stick on these "Free Trade" deals. Hillary fully supported NAFTA and strategically back peddles only when courting Sanders supporters or other blue collar voters. There's no reason to think that the offshoring will slow or stop with her in the White House.

Trump's suggestion to move production around the U.S and somehow follow cheap labor is ridiculous, but that is just one line from the article. The rest of his statements about the offshoring of U.S jobs are IMO right on target, but I guess those should be ignored for the sake of a good click bait title.
    Trump's a fool, but I think this stupid comment of his isn't such a big deal.

He's advocating keeping jobs in America. I don't see what's wrong with that. For every worker in Michigan who hear pains, elsewhere someone hears sympathy with their need for a good job. I wonder if newspapers elsewhere picked up on this as a anti-worker statement. Its not. Its an America First statement.
    Last edited by Wesley Mouch; May-22-16 at 09:30 AM. Reason: correct typo