Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    I agree the building once planned for the Monroe Block is hideous. Also, the rendering doesn't appear to be drawn to scale. I started this thread because of what happened to the cancelled Meridian project. That development was poorly conceived in my opinion. That to me was Gilbert's first bad call. Also, his focus seems to be on the Hudson's site, but to me that huge parking lot that fronts Monroe and Cadillac Square Park is calling for residential. A hotel as a part of a development there wouldn't be a bad idea either, and definitely retail/restaurants on the ground floor.

Regarding the National Theater Block [[which is not affected by the rendering). I think Gilbert should include residential in addition to a parking deck with ground floor retail. If Monroe Street is at the "center of town," why not add as much residential as possible?
    that meridian rendering should have never seen the light of day. it was scooped by crains, but was still so schematic. it was never a real project and there isn't enough demand for new office construction downtown. in addition, schostack imho has no business developing multi-story buildings. they should stick to strip malls and lifestyle centers
    Last edited by hybridy; May-17-16 at 11:41 AM.