Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

SMART bus route 125 nominally runs from downtown Detroit to both
    terminals of Metro airport.

It is not direct. It does not always run all the way to downtown. It is
    often detoured. It takes an hour to get from downtown to the airport.
    It is mostly used by airport employees. SMART buses break down
    sometimes. I don't know if this one picks up students after school
    anywhere along the line - standing room only if so. Basically, you
    have to know what you are doing when you take it.

I was particularly interested in it for a while because I could theoretically
    park at work [[for me, secure and free parking with my parking pass) and
    ride from there to the airport for about two dollars, and then from there,
    fly to New York or wherever for a couple of days.

last I checked Uber is available to the airport but not from [[due to some sort of Airport regulations?)

the fact that Detroit has no rail transportation from the airport to the center of the city is a disgrace to the entire region.

Quote Originally Posted by casscorridor View Post
    last I checked Uber is available to the airport but not from [[due to some sort of Airport regulations?)

the fact that Detroit has no rail transportation from the airport to the center of the city is a disgrace to the entire region.
    Most cities don't allow Uber to do airport pickups.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Most cities don't allow Uber to do airport pickups.
    I travel between Washington and Detroit every other week and take Uber both ways from the airports. The Uber from Metro Airport to my apt in Midtown is usually $20-$25. If I go to my office at One Detroit Center, it's about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by tkelly1986 View Post
    I travel between Washington and Detroit every other week and take Uber both ways from the airports. The Uber from Metro Airport to my apt in Midtown is usually $20-$25. If I go to my office at One Detroit Center, it's about the same.
    Then I believe they are picking you up illegally when they pick you up at Metro.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Then I believe they are picking you up illegally when they pick you up at Metro.
    That may have been true at one time. Uber now has permission to pickup at DTW and many other airports around the country. At DTW, the passenger is charged a $5 surcharge.

https://www.uber.com/cities/detroit/

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    That may have been true at one time. Uber now has permission to pickup at DTW and many other airports around the country. At DTW, the passenger is charged a $5 surcharge.

https://www.uber.com/cities/detroit/
    I'm pretty sure that pickups are still illegal at DTW by Uber. It is illegal for any car service to faciliate passenger pickups at DTW, except Metro Cars and Metro Cabs.

It has always been legal for Uber to drop off there. Uber lets their drivers operate at their own risk but I believe they do not allow their cars to be visible on the app when on airport property [[according to what I've seen online).