Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
401Don, I think you make good points about the team, but I think you're a little overly negative. Not counting last year, the Tigers have had quite a lot of success for the last decade. I do fully agree that the aging, expensive players are the biggest structural problem for the franchise. The front office needs to seriously address that or be replaced. Still, in the end, I love both the Tigers and baseball. Frustrated as I was, I still enjoyed the Tigers in the awful period before 2006.
You are correct. I am feeling very negative about the team right now. Never dreamed they would be 8 games out a little over a month into the season. It's frustrating when the talent doesn't come close to its norms. Last night Cabrera makes a late slide into 2nd base for no reason, almost injuring himself. Instead of removing him for a pinch runner Ausmus leaves him in. He hesitates going to 3rd on a wild pitch and is out. Would have had the winning run on 3rd with nobody out. Just can't keep watching this stuff over and over.