Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    And here we are, approaching the end of April, and we still have no Hudson's site announcement.
    I used to dream of seeing the finished product. Now I dream of living until construction starts.

Considering that Hudson's closed more than 30 years ago, and the building was demolished almost 20 years ago, a delay of weeks or months isn't a big deal to me. It's more important to me that it is an awesome project, and that they get started on it relatively soon after the announcement, whenever it comes. Announcing a cool project, followed by tenants pulling out, losing financing, etc has happened many times over the years on downtown projects. If a little more time means the i's are dotted and the t's crossed, fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    And here we are, approaching the end of April, and we still have no Hudson's site announcement.
    Smh, I'm over it. I have a feeling it will be the same design and no added height. All this time wasted for a mediocre design. Also, what happened to the Woodward retail role out plans?

The deal for the parking structure should be complete this week, right? Hoping we hear something real soon if they don't extend talks over parking again.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
    Considering that Hudson's closed more than 30 years ago, and the building was demolished almost 20 years ago, a delay of weeks or months isn't a big deal to me.
    I'm fine that they are making sure everything is good to go. I'm fine they are taking their time with designs. What I'm not fine with are the constant extensions. Don't continue to publish dates and not meet them. That's what annoys people. And that's not really DG's MO either, as they usually are completely silent on ventures and developments until they are essentially shovel ready.

If Bedrock had simply said " we are working on site designs and look to have something in the near future", that leaves it open. Don't say "were almost done...Big announcement this Feb....We will have it by years end....We will be done by April." It's just maddening.

And this isn't a few weeks or couple months, as we were told in March of 15' that all designs would be completed at years end. And that was after all of the rumors. So we are now going on over a year with this.
    Last edited by mikeg19; April-25-16 at 09:15 AM.

Don't forget that Bedrock has rights to the Monroe Block, one of the worst eyesores in any major downtown I've seen. I want to them to rush that along as much as possible, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
    Don't forget that Bedrock has rights to the Monroe Block, one of the worst eyesores in any major downtown I've seen. I want to them to rush that along as much as possible, too.
    They did tease late last year that they might have an announcement for that site as well. In the very least they are thinking about it and will hopefully have an idea soon. I wouldn't be surprised to see something mixed-use with a hotel component there in conjunction with whatever they do on the Bates site.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3