Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by elganned View Post
    But aren't those the hallmarks of most of the reductionism that takes place in the name of mass pseudo-philosophy? I submit "Social Darwinism" as a classic example.

It isn't what has been said, but rather what people perceive to have been said that infuses social movements.

good points, elganned, and perception=reality in those cases. it is why so many of those "movements' or "ideologies" fit so snuggly into the old reductio ad absurdum. It is easy to show the ultimate absurdity in an idea born from a misreading or reuctionist misinterpretation

[[in the case of Randian objectivism, if followed to the letter it would achieve a world where, due to their power, corporations would control peoples lives - instead of increasing liberty, it would, in the end, destroy it, hence the inevitable self-contradictory result of objectvism)
    Last edited by rb336; August-25-09 at 01:24 PM.

ccbatson Guest

Rb...define corporation please. I ask because, as you are using it, it can't be what any rational person would understand it to be.

Lorax Guest

We are the UCA- United Corporations of America.

Thanks to Rethuglican Fascism- now elevated to the position of a proper name in my dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Rb...define corporation please. I ask because, as you are using it, it can't be what any rational person would understand it to be.
    You are the last person I would expect to be concerned with how a rational person would understand any term, O Redefiner Of Fascism .

I think every reasonable person here understands what "corporation" means, and exactly what it meant [[same thing) in that context. you are merely trying one of your tired deflection strategies, which is, of course, proof in itself that I am correct

ccbatson Guest

There it is again...a strangely vacant space where a post with an idea should be. This time, someone is taking time and effort to say that they will take no time or effort. Tiresome, isn't it?

There it is again...a strangely vacant space where a post with an idea should be. This time, someone is taking time and effort to say that they will take no time or effort. Tiresome, isn't it?
    Yes, you are.

Lorax Guest

You're tiresome? Yeah, that's about right.

When are you going to stop posting and start writing children's books?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorax View Post
    You're tiresome? Yeah, that's about right.

When are you going to stop posting and start writing children's books?

would you let your child read the sort of mean-spirited, hateful crap he writes????

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    would you let your child read the sort of mean-spirited, hateful crap he writes????

Hell no!

My kids are scared of bats anyway.

Default AARP Campaign Busts the Myths of Health Care Reform

This week AARP will launch the next phase of its Health Action Now campaign with a multimillion-dollar national advertising and grassroots push to ensure every American has access to a choice of quality, affordable coverage. AARP's advertising will run on national and local television and radio, in print publications and online. AARP activists will also be in action in every state to ensure every member of Congress knows the 50-plus community wants action on health care reform now.
    HealthActionNow.org
    Last edited by Jimaz; March-21-10 at 02:36 PM.

ccbatson Guest

The AARP has been sold. Notice the campaign is not of substance at all and never refers to actual wording of the proposed bills. Myth busting? Puhlease, myth building through and through.

the actual wording of the bill is not the subject [[nor should it be, as the finalized bill doesn't exist), the subject is the outright lies spread by you wingnuts to scare the elderly. they do a great job at debunking your bullshit, which, in the end, is what has no substance

ccbatson Guest

Of course not, don't concern yourselves with what the proposed bill says...the libs in the congress and Senate certainly don't as they don't even bother to read it.

Of course not, don't concern yourselves with what the proposed bill says...the libs in the congress and Senate certainly don't as they don't even bother to read it.

odd, since virtually everything YOUR side has claimed is in the bill actually isn't.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3