Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Seems like an odd purchase for him. It is pretty disconnected outside of having access to Ford Field. Hopefully it is part of a bigger play in that part of town.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    Seems like an odd purchase for him. It is pretty disconnected outside of having access to Ford Field. Hopefully it is part of a bigger play in that part of town.

i suspect this is why:

"Direct Access to a 1,200 Car Parking Deck"
    http://files.catylist.com/files/prop...roit_Flyer.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    i suspect this is why:

"Direct Access to a 1,200 Car Parking Deck"
    http://files.catylist.com/files/prop...roit_Flyer.pdf
    You are probably right on the money with that.

Hybridy beat me to the punch...it is all about controlling the parking spaces.

I am quite sure he's got a whole division dedicated to cornering that market.

Wait for the legislative squeeze to make surface lots uneconomic in some way...unless he's able to make them all an offer they cannot refuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Hybridy beat me to the punch...it is all about controlling the parking spaces.

I am quite sure he's got a whole division dedicated to cornering that market.

Wait for the legislative squeeze to make surface lots uneconomic in some way...unless he's able to make them all an offer they cannot refuse.
    The building does not come with the parking garage. Its next to the Ford field garage.

Quote Originally Posted by DansTheMan View Post
    The building does not come with the parking garage. Its next to the Ford field garage.
    I can't imagine Gilbert acquiring it without any parking. And isn't illitch gonna build a new garage over there anyway 😬

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    I can't imagine Gilbert acquiring it without any parking. And isn't illitch gonna build a new garage over there anyway 
    There is parking there, Gilbert just wont own the parking garage.