Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Niketown rises

What Detroit athletes will be there at the grand opening?

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
    ...since when was there a large Latino population around Fairlane and Southland?
    Actually there is. Besides SW Detroit, Latinos have migrated to parts of Dearborn, Dearborn Heights, Melvindale, Lincoln Park and other places downriver. There's probably more Latinos living near Fairlane than any other mall in the Metro Detroit are.

Let's hope that Nike open before Summer and not fall victim to the usual delays

Nike dresses up
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1422
Size:  107.9 KB

so opening May 26. two days before the Movement festival downtown. me thinks they'll see a fantastic opening weekend

Niketown better works. Since a lot of dept stores especially Hudson's left over 30 years ago, there has been full pedestrian crowd in the Woodward corridor for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Niketown better works. Since a lot of dept stores especially Hudson's left over 30 years ago, there has been full pedestrian crowd in the Woodward corridor for a while.
    Don't worry. Word on social media is it will be a good place for teens to meet up.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Don't worry. Word on social media is it will be a good place for teens to meet up.
    Police presence should be in full force also, to control the "knuckleheads"

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Police presence should be in full force also, to control the "knuckleheads"
    That's why I pay all this tax in Detroit, to have the DPD act as security guards for an overpriced Taiwan clothing store and coliseum sporting events.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    That's why I pay all this tax in Detroit, to have the DPD act as security guards for an overpriced Taiwan clothing store and coliseum sporting events.

Makes you harken for the days coppers used to pick free apples off the seller's carts and tip their hat to the ladies.

Yeah, how about those prices. I was in a store the other day where all they sell is used sports shoes wrapped in plastic on shelves like a regular shoe store and all of them look like they have never been worn. Some of these go for over a thousand bucks. Used. I wouldn't spend a grand on a bike, let alone a pair of runners. But then I'm an old futz now.
    Last edited by canuck; April-02-16 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Makes you harken for the days coppers used to pick free apples off the seller's carts and tip their hat to the ladies.

Yeah, how about those prices. I was in a store the other day where all they sell is used sports shoes wrapped in plastic on shelves like a regular shoe store and all of them look like they have never been worn. Some of these go for over a thousand bucks. Used. I wouldn't spend a grand on a bike, let alone a pair of runners. But then I'm an old futz now.
    Not quite 1930, but there are enough crime issues going on in the neighborhoods that need addressing, instead of commandeering limited DPD manpower to police a couple of rich guys contrived, money-making, entertainment zone. As far as your $1K used sneakers, I'll leave those for the people that run Marathon.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Not quite 1930, but there are enough crime issues going on in the neighborhoods that need addressing, instead of commandeering limited DPD manpower to police a couple of rich guys contrived, money-making, entertainment zone. As far as your $1K used sneakers, I'll leave those for the people that run Marathon.

Yes, how long is a marathon again?

I guess that if the CEO runs one stretch from home to work, he or she would live near Mead, Dutton or Brown roads in Oakland County, or if you divide the run as a morning/evening jog, you can imagine the runner lives near 13 Mile Road. [[formerly known as Chicago Road)

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
    ...since when was there a large Latino population around Fairlane and Southland?
    If it weren't for black shoppers Fairlane would be completely abandoned right now.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    If it weren't for black shoppers Fairlane would be completely abandoned right now.

Let's reverse that. If it weren't for black shoppers Fairlane would not introduced the 5:00 pm. family only policy.

Let's reverse that. If it weren't for black shoppers Fairlane would not introduced the 5:00 pm. family only policy.
    What's that Danny?

Hmm, I am at Fairlane from time to time and I see black, white, middle-eastern? The store layout there is the most annoying feature too me.

Speaking of sneakers – I was on the bus at 6:00 am Saturday morning, heading north. I noticed a line of probably 20 to 30 individuals waiting outside [[in the dark and cold) at an appeal/shoe store just on the other side of Grand River. I was returning home around 8:30 am and noticed the line was still in place, new Jordans?

Default No Running Amok

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    What's that Danny?

Youth supervision policy:

Guests age 18 and under are required to be accompanied by and remain with a parent or adult age 21 or older at all times after 5 p.m.*
    1. Unsupervised youth age 18 and under shopping prior to 5 p.m. must leave the mall by 5 p.m. or be joined with a parent or supervising adult age 21 or older.
    2. Proof of age will be required for the youth and supervising adult. Those who fail to produce proper identification will be asked to leave the property.
    3. Proper identification includes a state issued driver’s license or ID card, a passport, or a military ID. The identification must include a photograph, date of birth and be tamper proof.
    4. The supervising adult must remain with the youths at all times.
    5. Supervising adults are responsible for the actions of the youth they accompany and must ensure they are following the mall’s Code of Conduct.

http://www.shopfairlane.com/youth-supervision-policy

I am ok with teens barred from malls during school days. Most mall are not too strict however, as school field trips hosted often make stops at mall food courts during such outings. They just don't want teens hanging out, not buying, crowding the isles as teens tend to do, just as a social means of gathering.

How about we don't because it's a stupid argument.

Finishing touches Name:  image.jpg
Views: 870
Size:  104.7 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 870
Size:  104.7 KB

Since this store is corporate owned by Nike, will merchandise be any cheaper than the various other athletic wear stores? Just saying. There's technically no middleman here.

Quite the line in the freep article. I wonder if the folks at Under Armour have a eye on this...

http://www.freep.com/story/money/bus...roit/84910492/

Nearly every person in my 20 person department walked down at some point today. Only myself and a small handful didn't go down. Most purchased something.
    I just worry about it continuing to attract business until more stores fill in.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast