Love him or Lump him-The Nostalgia Critic launched a video on Youtube a few days ago that blew up big.

There is no yelling or theatrical histrionics-he seems quiet dead serious and thorough. My brother [[a Youtube junkie) drew my attention to this. I do believe in "Edu-tainment" that is fun and instructive [[or "culture-jamming" which I like for different purposes-mostly because it provides a slice of sanity that goes against a formidable grain of hype). Then there is parody-if made illegal, would put things like SNL in jeopardy.

It all reminds me of legal issues that arose where record companies outrageously sued poor families [[one in Minnesota if I'm not mistaken did about 2 dozen downloads) for downloading just one pirated song. It also is similar to the issues of copyright as it applied to sampling [[there were weird debates at my Lutheran School over 2Livecrew).

Any thoughts?

P.S.-The guy has great videos, but don't [[repeat-DON'T) watch the animated Titanic he rips apart or the "Star Wars Christmas Special"-I'm sure he would've preferred all carbon-based lifeforms save their sanity points by avoiding those stinkers [[should've laid off the drugs and accepted Danny's marriage proposal, Carrie-but hey, nobody's perfectName:  Blues-Brothers-mystery-woman-11[1].jpg
Views: 576
Size:  50.1 KB).