Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: Paging Gazhekwe

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I was born and bred Christian. I think I am a seeker of truth. So many cultures and religions. The one truth I see over and over is the mother earth symbol. So important! Here is one interpretation of Gaia.

The Gaia hypothesis is an ecological hypothesis proposing that the biosphere and the physical components of the Earth [[atmosphere, cryosphere, hydrosphere and lithosphere) are closely integrated to form a complex interacting system that maintains the climatic and biogeochemical conditions on Earth in a preferred homeostasis. Originally proposed by James Lovelock as the earth feedback hypothesis,[1] it was named—the Gaia Hypothesis, after the Greek supreme goddess of Earth.[2] The hypothesis is frequently described as viewing the Earth as a single organism. Lovelock and other supporters of the idea now call it Gaia theory, regarding it as a scientific theory and not mere hypothesis, since they believe it has passed predictive tests.[3]

Personally, I think we need to love this earth and nature. Whatever religion or life view it takes works for me. Nurture is the word that comes to mind. Back to the mother symbol.
    Gaia has been a topic of interest in our household over the years. Mostly the wife actually, as I'm disinterested. She has looked into it and [[hopelessly) explained a bit of it to me. She has partipated in a few events and retreats. One involved going to Sedona [[AZ), a state where there are many interesting and different ideas floating around. She met some people in Arizona who were on their way to a sauna similar to the one where several people were accidentally sickened recently.
    Last edited by vetalalumni; October-10-09 at 07:06 PM. Reason: edit and then a correction