Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Man Sucker Punched

They knew the man for years, yet they hurt him...and for what. Sickening.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/detr...out-the-attack

terrible! punks for sure. nothing better to do than prey on someone that obviously, wouldn't be able to defend himself.

They will be arrested and appropriately charged. Justice will be sought.

Flawed impetus to introduce this disturbing story.

If you live in a society that subtly imposes a long withstanding genocidal manner of subjugating certain folks, they will eventually turn on themselves [[like Jews in a Polish ghetto stealing bread from each other); then you just turn the camera on them to show how "animalistic" they are to the public. In fact, ABC 11 o'clock news [[as is given the slanted nature of most corporate-run media outlets) ran a slew of stories in a row that basically boiled down to "blacks committing crimes" or "blacks committing crimes in the suburbs" [[with only one interesting piece about how police are not required to immediately report a violent incident by their hands-plenty of time to get their "story straight"-as if that was only allowed to be reported if the other unsavory reports were allowed to counterpoint). Doubt me on what I say in regards to "genocide"? I will provide much evidence and reading material that indicates that this is the case in this country, not that I should waste my time trying to educate folks with garish troll behavior.

However, in this case, this story is as disgusting as cops murdering homeless guys and deporting them around the time we had the Superbowl or the man breaking into Rosa Parks place and assaulting her. Cases of Knock-out games elsewhere or the co-ordinated "swarm beatings" on Rochester, NY's Main St. It is usually poor or enfeebled folks who get targeted. They knew this guy was broke. It wasn't about money. It was about terror.

I would like to believe that these guys will get caught and prosecuted, but I have a sneaking suspicion that they acted like guys who have a lot of connections and the sanctioned right of carte blanche [[if not direct orders) to go around and do these things and therefor, will probably not get caught [[much like the Arabic father attacked in front of his daughter at a Krogers on Greenfield by downriver guys with full witnesses, and how the story changed by management and police to act like it was "made up" or that he "deserved it".

I'm glad it was caught on camera, but it makes me question when other incidents that recently occurred-like when a McDonald's worker here splashed water in a homeless guy's face or when a guy in New York gave his coat to a homeless man-who anticipated this enough to film these and why?

Quote Originally Posted by G-DDT View Post
    Flawed impetus to introduce this disturbing story.

"If you live in a society that subtly imposes a long withstanding genocidal manner of subjugating certain folks" ...snip...
    A theme of conservative America is 'liberals hate themselves, and hate America'.

We have problems. Yes. But we really aren't that bad. There's no genocide occurring the America. No imposition, subtle or overt, of subjgation. We are not perfect. But we've pretty good.

I reject the characterization.

I wish I was in there when they did that, they'd be pretty sorry when they woke up.

One of the things I hate about Detroit is about how much airtime is devoted to this kind of news. Presses people's buttons. Makes people angry and scared. Been this way since I was a kid, probably longer.

Of course there is absolutely no excuse for this crime. And yeah I want them caught and punished. But what makes this newsworthy? What more important events unfolding in the world were omitted from the broadcast to make time for this? No, not the sports. Not the weather.

I was not just sucker punched, I was sucker hit over the head by three guys with a 2x4. A likely hate crime. And it didn't make the news in Philadelphia. Not even close. I credit Philadelphia news for not caring. Of course it was not caught cinematically on camera. They may have been no better if it were.

The police should apprehend those individual villains. The rest of us should not be so easily distracted. We should focus on correcting the fundamental problems at large. Consider telling WXYZ if you think so.
    Last edited by bust; February-14-16 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    One of the things I hate about Detroit is about how much airtime is devoted to this kind of news. Presses people's buttons. Makes people angry and scared. Been this way since I was a kid, probably longer...
    Local news usually believes 'if it bleeds, it leads'. But this type of reporting in Detroit also seems to play well to the suburban viewers; in a way, a justification of the decision to move out of the city.

Quote Originally Posted by archfan View Post
    ....But this type of reporting in Detroit also seems to play well to the suburban viewers; in a way, a justification of the decision to move out of the city.
    Is that all that you took away from this story? Do you realize that not everyone in the suburbs moved out of Detroit. Many suburban folks have never lived in Detroit. My family has been in southeast Michigan for well over over 100 years and neither I, my parents, grandparents or great-grandparents ever lived in that city.

What this story is really about is some vile, filthy, disgusting, sub-human savage beasts that have no respect for others. I hope those schmendricks are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Detroit, where the wild things are.

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post
    Is that all that you took away from this story? Do you realize that not everyone in the suburbs moved out of Detroit. Many suburban folks have never lived in Detroit. My family has been in southeast Michigan for well over over 100 years and neither I, my parents, grandparents or great-grandparents ever lived in that city.

What this story is really about is some vile, filthy, disgusting, sub-human savage beasts that have no respect for others. I hope those schmendricks are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I think archfan and bust definitely have their finger on a big part of the problem which you choose to disregard. The media attention on that and little else.

I am appalled by the International news coverage in the Freep among others for one thing. The local news are not of a very high standard either. The perfect recipe for a ghetto outcome is to parse the information to a level where people are described as "wild animals" in need of cages. A great big prison system ensues and all is set straight, eh? Love, Life, Liberty and the pursuit of haplessness...

Well then I wasn't talking to you. And 150 years for my family. And a large number of suburban viewers have roots in Detroit.

Of course that's what this story is about. That was a heinous act, and I hope they're caught and prosecuted. The comment was a general one about the types of stories the local news broadcasts, not this story in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by archfan View Post
    Local news usually believes 'if it bleeds, it leads'. But this type of reporting in Detroit also seems to play well to the suburban viewers; in a way, a justification of the decision to move out of the city.
    Possibly their move out of the city was a rational decision given a risk/reward analysis. Were they chased out?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    Possibly their move out of the city was a rational decision given a risk/reward analysis. Were they chased out?
    Whether their decision was emotional or rational, once the decision was made, seeing the stories on the news helps them feel they made the right decision. Justification may not be the right word - maybe reinforcement?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    I would say 6 or 8 years ago the city was not livable for a lot of people. Remember when there was hardly any police or EMS response? If you had elderly parents would you want them in that type of environment if you could change it?

Quote Originally Posted by michmina View Post
    I wish I was in there when they did that, they'd be pretty sorry when they woke up.
    Oh yeah you tell them hero.

Quote Originally Posted by warsaw7 View Post
    Oh yeah you tell them hero.
    I suppose you could always spray-tag them......
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; February-18-16 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I suppose you could always spray-tag them......

Why would anyone do that?

Whatever his shortcomings, I guess that Ronald Reagan said it best when he uttered his famous "Make my day".

If that elderly man wasn't a vagrant of sorts I doubt that guy would have punched him. If it was somebody who might of put up a fight I don't think it would have happened. Totally sickening incident, it left me speechless.

Three mindless predators pick on someone who is old, infirm, and vulnerable. The only reason they did it was because they outnumbered the gentleman. Isn't that the way animals in the wild kill their prey? This man knew the three for years, these thugs probably grew up in his neighborhood, he may have smiled at them at one time riding their bikes on the street, he may have bought them ice cream when they were kids....they didn't care. Then, they swagger out of the store nonchalantly like nothing was wrong. They are a brain dead, disgusting pack of inhuman criminals who need to be caged for a long time.
    Last edited by cla1945; February-15-16 at 12:22 AM.

I am concerned with the increase numbers of teens threatening, hitting, harassing, threatening to shoot, shooting and carjacking here and elsewhere. Everyone's not going to go along with this and I think there are going to be some lethal response going forward.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-16-16 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I am concerned by the increase numbers of teens threatening, hitting, harassing, threatening to shoot, shooting and carjacking here and elsewhere. Everyone's not going to go along with this and I think there are going to be some lethal response going forward.
    I find myself becoming acutely aware of what's going on around me when a group of teens is around. I listen to my gut and I've even left places when I've been alone and got a bad feeling. Kind of sad, really - but a lot of the teens/young adults seem to have no problem attacking and/or killing people even if there's no monetary reward in it.

Has anyone been caught yet ? It seems like an easy case the guy had met the suspects before the video has been all over the news and facebook and if look when the driver gets in the car he has to get in on the passenger side because the drivers door doesn't work.

It is a genocide if you see what groups dwell in what side of the poverty line. It is genocide when segregation is rampant in Detroit, Cincinnati, St. Louis, Boston, and pretty much everywhere else I traveled. You got a place like Harvard that represents every ethnicity except Latinos and African Americans, yet they make up a large portion of Somerville, Chelsea, Dorchester, Roxbury [[ugh, Roxbury), and Jamaica Plain. It's genocide when history has shown time and again how African Americans get served weightier sentences than the whites who commit the same crimes. We are told that statistics say African Americans suffer the highest mortality rate. Yet, read the newspapers in America's blackest city [[here), and what faces and names do you see in the obituaries? Not African Americans. So, not even in death are they forded dignity, so, they have to settle with T-shirts or a bunch of stuffed animals and candles on a corner.

Who fills most of the prisons? African Americans who grew up malnourished and poorly educated and mistreated in this world. Who gets executed the most? African Americans. That is called genocide. Even if it is a slow and systematically subtle version of it. How the Katrina crisis in New Orleans was handled was atrocious and genocidal.

This isn't outdated pontification [[even if a lot of these are things I already stated in threads about Ferguson, which hasn't ended as news reports still come in about how racist certain areas are in Missouri, and how Ferguson police were disproportionately white compared to the black neighborhood they subjugated). It hasn't changed.

The reason I stated "poor impetus", is prior to some profound edits made to this thread, the OP started it with a nasty "Who says black lives matter to other blacks?", and I wasn't going to let that go unchallenged. Yet, somehow the beginning of the thread was changed....

Conservatives can assume that those who criticize a problem [[especially if it's directed at them for problems they created) hate the country. Many of us bother to stay vigilant, avoid complacently and blindly accepting things for the rotten way they are, and speak up because we care enough to improve things.

To quote Jello Biafra:
    "Our land, I love it too
    I think I love it more than you
    I care enough to fight..."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast