Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    ...snip...Perosonally, my hope is given the uniqueness of this situation, cooler heads and common sense will prevail and this guy will be able to return to his assignment.
    We don't seem to be able to use common sense anymore. Everything gets judged by the rules. But you're right. This is a case where this guy should be disciplined for violating the rules, but also at the same time celebrated for potentially saving a life.

If he's fired by his employer [[because of loss of GM workplace), I would hope somebody will step up and bring him on. That, btw, is how it should work. Fired for a serious offense. Hired elsewhere for good actions. No lawyers or rules needed.

Literally, yesterday's news: Fired GM Technical Center valet who pulled gun on stabber gets job back
    A valet who pulled a gun to stop a stabbing attack at the General Motors Technical Center has his job back after he was fired by the valet company Wednesday, Warren Mayor James Fouts said Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Actually, at least since the last few months, the valet service is also available to off-site suppliers.
    The valet is for non-GM employee visitors to the VEC. It started in December.

Quote Originally Posted by PlymouthRes View Post
    HT-
    Perhaps you didn't notice the smiley that I added after my statement? How you could have construed what I said as anything but funny is beyond me. Instead, you took this in a direction that clearly shows you have no sense of humor and also that you have no understanding of the simple response I gave to your blanket statement about what is clearly a rule of employment or visitation at any of the Big Three. Read what you said and my reply again before you start telling me where to head in. Folks like you are one of the reasons that I rarely post here anymore.
    I will vouch for the Tonk here. You or I don't always agree with him but he has a exellant sence of humor that has been demonstrated on this board many times. I laughed, both comments were just humor.

"I laughed, I cried, I posted.... I give Honky Tonk two thumbs up....."

Gene Siskel
    Roger Ebert

Quote Originally Posted by gencinjay View Post
    The valet is for non-GM employee visitors to the VEC. It started in December.
    I guess I worded my post wrong.

The typical non-GM employee visitors at the VEC are off-site suppliers, but how you said it is probably a more accurate way to describe it.

And his movies are always rated PG13! Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    "I laughed, I cried, I posted.... I give Honky Tonk two thumbs up....."

Gene Siskel
    Roger Ebert

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    And his movies are always rated PG13! Enjoy!
    PG13??? Well that's no good, have to have R rated nudity! Comon this could be 90 minutes of my life spent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2