From some of the responses that I've seen posted here, it is apparent that no one has actually worked at ANY of the Big Three. I have worked as a direct employee of all three companies, and I can assure you that there is no mystery whatsoever as to their policy on weapons. About the third sheet in any hard copy package that they give you is a NO TOLERANCE policy regarding weapons/firearms on the property. Then you take on-line training which mentions this policy at least ten more times. No one is allowed to bring weapons onto PRIVATE company property. Even their guarts are not armed. Their house, their rules. Period. As to the valet, they have one now for the executives outside this very door, since the great flood of 2015 wiped out the exec. parking garage just below the building in question, which was the VEC [[the very door I was standing outside of ten minutes after the incident occurred, taking my cigar break at 9:30). While she is closest, even jcole didn't have it right [[as a supplier, I can enter any door in the facility as long as I am cleared for entrance to that building). I can only park in designated areas [[as I drive a non-GM car) and I have to walk to the building. The only reason the valet is there is for executives. There is no paying anyone, as it isn't available to the public, only their management. Lastly, the guy wasn't fired by GM as he wasn't their employee. He was BANNED from their property for disregarding the rules. They get people on this all the time.