Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by PlymouthRes View Post
    HT-
    Perhaps you didn't notice the smiley that I added after my statement? How you could have construed what I said as anything but funny is beyond me. Instead, you took this in a direction that clearly shows you have no sense of humor and also that you have no understanding of the simple response I gave to your blanket statement about what is clearly a rule of employment or visitation at any of the Big Three. Read what you said and my reply again before you start telling me where to head in. Folks like you are one of the reasons that I rarely post here anymore.

And yes, Jonny5, I was replying to your post. You said "There are no laws against carrying at the Tech Center.......", which leads me to believe that you are saying that you CAN legally carry on the premises, which is not true, hence the guy being banned from GM property.

And to be clear, I think the guy was a hero, despite the dumb rules these companies have. People that want to commit these types of crimes will find a way to do it, as evidenced here. Usually they go for the "gun free" places because they know they are an easy target.

jcole-I work there too [[perhaps you didn't see that?) and I go in and out that door all the time [[I am a contract supplier to GM). I use that door and the one from the parking deck [[two opposite sides of the building) all the time. On the east side of the building is a desk that you can reach to get in touch with someone who works there, but that particular person is responsible for letting you in and out. The other side [[West doors, next to the pond), is where this incident occurred, which makes this all the more strange as there is a lot of traffic going on there.

From the witnesses that I spoke with [[about 10 minutes after it happened), they all stated that there were about 20-30 people standing there who didn't do a thing to intervene. It was only the valet guy's actions that saved her.
    No, I didn't miss what you said; I simply stated what I was told by my daughter. Maybe the difference is that you are a contract supplier and the one's she was talking about aren't. It sounds as if you work on site all the time so your status must be different from someone who is an off-site supplier, like a Valeo employee or something

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    No, I didn't miss what you said; I simply stated what I was told by my daughter. Maybe the difference is that you are a contract supplier and the one's she was talking about aren't. It sounds as if you work on site all the time so your status must be different from someone who is an off-site supplier, like a Valeo employee or something
    That's correct.

Only those with badges [[contract and direct) SHOULD be entering through the west lobby doors of the VEC lobby.

If you're, say, an account manager from a supplier, you SHOULD only be entering through the east lobby of the VEC.

There is emphasis on SHOULD of course. There are over 20,000 people on the Tech Center campus and probably hundreds of others visiting at any given time. There's no way everyone obeys that policy, and there's no way GM can ensure everyone does [[as this story clearly shows).