Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDawg View Post
Those parking lot seas east of the Ren Cen are soooooo prime for residential development it makes me want to vomit. High rise condos on those blocks [[and future JLA site) would be absolutely dynamite.

I think right now I-375 is the biggest hindrance to them. If it becomes a surface street i would expect announcements for projects immediately after.

The way that freeway is built currently discourages people from walking east of downtown on jefferson... make it a surface street and you instantly have so much space ready to go for development... really hope this comes to fruition in the next 5 years
Those lots will always be prime targets for development. While there is a growing number of people who want to live downtown, it is finite, and I'd rather see areas redeveloped that fill in empty buildings or vacant lots that are actually near other locations that would benefit. As you say, that area is pretty cut off from the rest of downtown, and for that exact reason isn't critical to improve.

No doubt it will happen eventually, but I'm not in a hurry. Someone is going to have to be left to pay to live in the Fisher Building and the Book Tower.