Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I have a 'hooptie' too one can argue. I cannot afford car notes, so I drive older car. I like to check the fit and finish of various cars at the NAIAS. It is amazing how many cars are cheaply made yet sporting high prices! I'd like a small SUV if possible and sorta fell in love with one from testing it [[a GM offering) for comfort last year. Easy to get in and out, from my trying a few on last NAIAS. I alway like to sit in the little Fiats, Mini Coopers and other specialty little cars. Those things are loaded, but not practical to crawl in and out of at this stage!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Speaking for myself, my fascination with cars ended a while back. I seriously need to find a replacement for the Hooptie, so I would attend this year's NAIAS. It would give me a chance to see everything relevant to my purchase in one spot, in a couple of hours. Other than that, I don't have a lot of interest in ogling cars I can never afford to own. That has been replaced by a quest for reliability, longevity, and affordability. Besides, all the models are now the age of my friend's grand daughters. I keep wanting to ask them if their mothers know they're parading around in a skirt that short.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I have a 'hooptie' too one can argue. I cannot afford car notes, so I drive older car. I like to check the fit and finish of various cars at the NAIAS. It is amazing how many cars are cheaply made yet sporting high prices! I'd like a small SUV if possible and sorta fell in love with one from testing it [[a GM offering) for comfort last year. Easy to get in and out, from my trying a few on last NAIAS. I alway like to sit in the little Fiats, Mini Coopers and other specialty little cars. Those things are loaded, but not practical to crawl in and out of at this stage!
    I have ample opportunity to try out Suburban Assault Vehicles. Some are good, but I find most don't live up to the hype. Most don't have the room and comfort, and are a royal PITA for entry, exit, transporting cargo, drivability, not to mention parking them. I still prefer a car. I'd love to own one of the larger Mini Coopers, but they're unreliable and hard to service, [[a friend owns an Si) I do like the Ford C-Max as far as size & comfort. I'm still trying things on for size, and, whatever I end up with, will probably be a year or two old.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; January-18-16 at 06:36 AM.