Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    This is great news for people who like to obsess over what other people do with their money.

Wanna good burger for cheap? Get some really lean ground round. Fry up some bacon, save the grease. Once the grease congeals [[yes it's lard) mix a few tablespoons of it in with the ground round. Cook that. Holy smokes it's good. Thanks Alton Brown.
    You missed a step: KEEP DEFIBULATER NEARBY.....oh wait, you used lean ground round. I guess its healthy then.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    You missed a step: KEEP DEFIBULATER NEARBY.....oh wait, you used lean ground round. I guess its healthy then.
    Know why you think lard is bad for you? Because Proctor & Gamble wanted to sell you Crisco, so they ran a huge ad campaign badmouthing lard in the 30's and 40's, spurred on by a few made-up incidents in Sinclair's The Jungle.

Know what the difference is between beef tallow and lard? Lard has less cholesterol and saturated fat, and slightly fewer calories. It also, arguably, tastes better.

Besides, I never said it was healthy. Does taste good, though.