Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kelly Stafford

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Well then we'll just agree to disagree.

I get tickets through my employment all the time, and I would never consider hawking them publicly. Talk about tacky. You don't hawk gifts or benefits.

And public figures, if they choose to make public statements, are fair game for everyone's business.
    She didn't get them for free; she bought them for family and then they couldn't go. It was her money

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    She didn't get them for free; she bought them for family and then they couldn't go. It was her money
    Doesn't matter. The Lions give her tickets to each game. Whether the specific tickets being hawked were those given by the Lions organization makes no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumpling View Post
    Detroiters may have norms that are too tough for others in some ways.
    The opposite is true. Detroiters will defend anyone related to their sports/civic heros, regardless of their conduct. You see this in the thread, where people are tying themselves in knots trying to parse out when public figures should be able to hawk company benefits.

This story is a headline in the NY Daily News and in other national publications. It seems to be more hidden locally, though, because the local papers are lapdogs to establishment types like the Fords. Don't want to hurt advertising revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Right, Next you'll believe she drove down to Ford Field and stood in the rain until the box office opened.

Quote Originally Posted by michmina View Post
    She antagonizes fans on social media regularly. Mr. Stafford obviously wasn't looking for intelligence when he married her.

[[this is a woman posting this, BTW)
    You got that right!

She's cute, she's blonde, on that alone she gets a bye from me. hubba hubba hubba

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    And public figures, if they choose to make public statements, are fair game for everyone's business.
    Now there we are in agreement. I don't think it's wrong for people to be critical of her and voice it, I just think it's a time-wasting endeavor. Although I'm sure some would argue that having a debate about the subject is also a time-waster

Agree to disagree, and Merry Christmas!

I'm not sure why some people keep insisting that these were company tickets despite reports to the contrary...especially considering that the game in question was an away game [[in New Orleans) and on Monday Night Football [[which makes it even more in demand).

Quote Originally Posted by Towne Cluber View Post
    I'm not sure why some people keep insisting that these were company tickets despite reports to the contrary...especially considering that the game in question was an away game [[in New Orleans) and on Monday Night Football [[which makes it even more in demand).
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.2474048

Kelly returned to Instagram the next day to try to defend herself, claiming she bought the tickets on her own dime to take her family, but couldn’t attend because her grandfather was “very ill.”“I am going home to see him instead,” she wrote in the post. “So for those of you who said I’m not going because of the season we have had.. There is the real reason for you, I hope you’re happy.”
    Kelly also said the tickets were not player tickets, and she did not make a “profit” off selling them on StubHub.
    So people are outraged that she bought tickets, her grandfather got ill, she wanted to see him instead of the football game, and then sold the tickets that she bought herself.

Outrage culture at work!

Every member of the Lions organization gets an allotment of free tickets for every home/away game. Players get quite a few free tickets.

Whether Ms. Stafford chose to purchase additional tickets to this specific game doesn't seem relevant to whether or not it's a good idea to have the spouse of your $20 million QB trying to scalp tickets online.

I highly doubt she purchased these tickets, BTW. One call/text and she would have a few dozen free tickets at her disposal. The NFL teams have reciprocity agreements and each owner has a couple of hundred seats for every game. Unless there was some weird circumstance where the Saints organization wasn't communicating properly with the Lions or unless she chose to invite half the state of Louisiana there shouldn't be spouses paying for tickets.
    Last edited by Bham1982; December-23-15 at 12:24 PM.

Do you really think that the away allotment is the same as for a home game? Do you really think a player has "a few dozen free tickets" at his disposal, especially for an away game?

A couple of hundred seats spread across an entire organization doesn't go very far. There are 73 players, not to mention all of the executives, as well as other team components such as charitable and sponsor considerations.

You'd be surprised at what players have to pay for after they use up their team allotment. For example, you might be surprised to hear that players only get 2 pairs of football pants for the season.

Do you really think that the away allotment is the same as for a home game? Do you really think a player has "a few dozen free tickets" at his disposal, especially for an away game?

A couple of hundred seats spread across an entire organization doesn't go very far. There are 73 players, not to mention all of the executives, as well as other team components such as charitable and sponsor considerations.

You'd be surprised at what players have to pay for after they use up their team allotment. For example, you might be surprised to hear that players only get 2 pairs of football pants for the season.

Boo Hoo. These guys make millions of dollars a year. I'd like to think they can afford a couple more pairs of pants and a few tickets from their salaries.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.2474048

So people are outraged that she bought tickets, her grandfather got ill, she wanted to see him instead of the football game, and then sold the tickets that she bought herself.

Outrage culture at work!
    Stub hub is anonymous. She could have sold the tickets without anyone ever knowing where they came from. For whatever reason, she decided to use twitter to advertise that these tickets were for sale.

Apparently, it did not occur to her that as the wife of a player and a wealthy woman that when she posted this, for the world to see and without explanation, someone might find it distasteful that she would use her celebrity to resell tickets --that for all we know she got for free-- at a markup at Christmas.

This is why social media is stupid.

You shout your every petty, inane thought from the hilltops and then, surprise surprise, someone gives critical feedback. Then you're offended because... you thought these people where your friends? You assumed everyone understand your deepest intentions?

I guess people should mind their business. If only there were some way not to send the first thing that comes into your head to everyone, everywhere, 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Leave peoples family members alone. If you feel you need to rip on the women in a guys life at least have the stones to do it in front of him, if not let it go its not your business.
    Okay, Ill do it in front of him. I'll go down to Ford Field and knock on the locker room door and see if they'll let me in to chat with Matthew about his wife. Maybe I'll go before the 49'ers game on Sunday. Maybe we can talk while they're taping him up.

38 freaking posts about the wife of an athlete allegedly scalping tickets? Get a life!

Bullshit. I'm sure they get as many pair as they need. Or would the Ford family prefer to have their players running around in grass stained, torn pants? This in the same league that fined Marshaun Lynch for not wearing the correct brand of shoes.
    If what you say is true, I'd be out there in the same pair of pants i got on Day 1 just to make a point. Hopefully I'd look like Prince.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/blacksnob/2885232866

Quote Originally Posted by Kevgoblue View Post
    Bullshit. I'm sure they get as many pair as they need. Or would the Ford family prefer to have their players running around in grass stained, torn pants? This in the same league that fined Marshaun Lynch for not wearing the correct brand of shoes.
    If what you say is true, I'd be out there in the same pair of pants i got on Day 1 just to make a point. Hopefully I'd look like Prince.
    Great, Making Prince the butt of your joke......

Quote Originally Posted by Kevgoblue View Post
    A player can only wear one pair of pants at a time, so the answer there is one. Grass stains come out in the laundry and torn pants would be replaced without charge. However, a team isn't going to just keep replacing pants if a player started giving them away [[or selling them). Furthermore, teams have sponsorship deals as well as dress code [[uniform) requirements, so players can't just wear whatever they want.

"Boo Hoo. These guys make millions of dollars a year. I'd like to think they can afford a couple more pairs of pants and a few tickets from their salaries."

The NFL average salary is $2m/yr and the average career is 3 years. Keep in mind that for many players that must last a lifetime...and most go bankrupt within a few years of retirement.

A player can only wear one pair of pants at a time, so the answer there is one. Grass stains come out in the laundry and torn pants would be replaced without charge. However, a team isn't going to just keep replacing pants if a player started giving them away [[or selling them). Furthermore, teams have sponsorship deals as well as dress code [[uniform) requirements, so players can't just wear whatever they want.

"Boo Hoo. These guys make millions of dollars a year. I'd like to think they can afford a couple more pairs of pants and a few tickets from their salaries."

The NFL average salary is $2m/yr and the average career is 3 years. Keep in mind that for many players that must last a lifetime...and most go bankrupt within a few years of retirement.
    Well, so much for that argument.....

Matthew Stafford signed a 3 year, $53,000,000 contract with the DetroitLions, including a $27,500,000 signing bonus, $41,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $17,666,667. In 2015, Stafford will earn a base salary of $9,500,000.

Most people would be set for life with 6 million dollars.

I have heard that something like 70% of retired NFL players go bankrupt. To me that's an incredible statistic.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    Most people would be set for life with 6 million dollars.
    After taxes [[and w/o any type of modest/reasonable investment), that total would be more like $3m. Averaged over a 40 year working career is $75k/yr. A good salary for sure...but not exactly the stuff of riches.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Leave peoples family members alone. If you feel you need to rip on the women in a guys life at least have the stones to do it in front of him, if not let it go its not your business.
    Typical internet loser that defends attractive women no matter what. She's a bimbo with implants. Hopefully Matthew made her sign a prenup or he will be in a lot of pain. She is not wife material.

After taxes [[and w/o any type of modest/reasonable investment), that total would be more like $3m. Averaged over a 40 year working career is $75k/yr. A good salary for sure...but not exactly the stuff of riches.
    If you have $3 mil and get a 2%, you get 60k a year and still have that big pot of money. You can't compare 75k a year to getting $3 mil at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    Typical internet loser that defends attractive women no matter what. She's a bimbo with implants. Hopefully Matthew made her sign a prenup or he will be in a lot of pain. She is not wife material.

You couldn't be more right. In some countries they lapidate for a lot less...

Look it, if you are looking for work, you might have a chance setting chairs at Trump's next rally in Michigan. Stick it to those internet losers, Cliffy.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I have heard that something like 70% of retired NFL players go bankrupt. To me that's an incredible statistic.
    Not really...

Any time I get questioned on the amount I make I have a stock answer.

It's not about the amount you make, it's what you keep.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast