Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

[[I guess) I can see why a church doesn't want a dispensary as their next door neighbor. But not really sure I understand why there would be restrictions on proximity to other dispensaries, liquor stores or strip clubs. Where should they set up shop.... in the middle of a residential neighborhood?

I hear you. The church community wasn't the only city segment wanting zoning/ ordinances applied to the dispensaries. What other businesses are allowed to start without some guidelines and ordinances? The marijuana dispensaries were given a pass for a while, let the good times roll. If anything the government is an ever increasing presence in private business, even to open a laundry mat! For example the dispensaries cannot be within a certain proximity of a k12 school. Who disagrees? Clergy only?

On to the broader marketing and branding tip, driving and living in the D is a trip at night as the green bulb and neon signage light the [[160+) dispensaries especially in the denser areas where they're literally corner to corner. I've noted that a couple of used car lots and liquor stores etc., [[even a collision shop) have adopted to using the bright green lighting and green neon's as well. There's a new neon lighting business in the city too. Hah!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevgoblue View Post
    [[I guess) I can see why a church doesn't want a dispensary as their next door neighbor. But not really sure I understand why there would be restrictions on proximity to other dispensaries, liquor stores or strip clubs. Where should they set up shop.... in the middle of a residential neighborhood?
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-18-15 at 08:45 AM.

Good for you all Detroit City Council. Finally they did something right without bickering! Let those pot shops away from churches, parks and public schools. prepare to closed down those Green Cross WEEDS "R" US stores.

Churches should be under fierce restrictions as well, so they don't go all evangelically crazy opening storefront missions on every block now.

I believe it is time to open a Detroit version of this church. They claim to already have one in Michigan somewhere.

Would LOVE to see what this idiotic council does with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    ...I believe it is time to open a Detroit version of this church. They claim to already have one in Michigan somewhere....
    That echoes back to NAC's Peyotism except, I believe, NAC's sacrament was grandfathered in.

There was a movement back in the 70s called the Church of The Tree of Life that claimed all then-legal drugs as sacraments. It was an attempt to arrest further encroachment by government in these areas using the Peyotism exception as a model. Of course marijuana was already illegal so it wouldn't have had an effect there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Churches should be under fierce restrictions as well, so they don't go all evangelically crazy opening storefront missions on every block now.

I believe it is time to open a Detroit version of this church. They claim to already have one in Michigan somewhere.

Would LOVE to see what this idiotic council does with that.
    Yeah, I think the small storefront church thing is quite a problem too.

Quote Originally Posted by paulj313 View Post
    Yeah, I think the small storefront church thing is quite a problem too.
    They should not be allowed within 5280 feet of another one, and 15,840 feet from any associated/aligned church [[since these are often outreach/evangelist centers to handle people that might otherwise disturb the sanctified, holy folk in the real church), nor within the voted regulation distance from any existing Medical Cannabis, Party Store, Gas Station, School, or Urban Farm.

None should be allowed to pop up in the small areas now legal for these important establishments...those should be protected zones until Cannabis finally becomes fully legal and decriminalized and welcome for the healing herb that it is.

It is as if these people don't WANT to have a cure for cancer. God has made a way, if only they'd take their Reefer Madness goggles off.