Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    lilpup Guest

I'm pretty sure there was a Pure on Woodward out Ferndale way.

lilpup.....
    .....the only Pure in the Ferndale area I can think of was in Royal Oak, on [[I think) the northwest corner of Woodward and Lincoln. Can't think of one in Ferndale, unless there was one maybe on Hilton.

Thanks for all the possibilities everyone! It does appear to be at an intersection. I just wish my friend could remember where. I'll give her all your thoughts and possibilities and maybe something will ring a bell to her. The one thing she does remember for sure is it was in 1960. I appreciate all your help.

Does she remember whether she would have been hanging out in a particular section of town? Live on the east side? Or maybe went where other person lived?

There was an Original House of Pancakes on the SE corner of Southfield and Grand River next to Bushnell Church until the mid 60s. It was torn down for a gas station.

The sign looks to me like a skillet with the handle in the 10 o'clock position.

Dammit, now I'm hungry for pancakes.

You guys are awesome, especially MikeM! I know where to come now when I need some researchers.

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    Not a lot of commercial streets on the eastside that go north and south. The two that I can think of are Van Dyke and Chene.Jerry is a cresant moon.
    Not really....

There's Mt. Elliot, Chalmers, Conner, Jos Campau and Conant.

The sign looks to me like a skillet with the handle in the 10 o'clock position.

That is the Pure oil sign.

http://www.gassigns.org/pure.htm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2