Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

A little fear might be good for some people since every year we have a ton of accidents in winter. Slow down.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    A little fear might be good for some people since every year we have a ton of accidents in winter. Slow down.
    Stupidity knows no fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    And if you're really scared, move over.

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    And if you're really scared, move over.
    Or stay inside.

I've always been a great snow driver with little problem negotiating snowy roads but it seems some people are not driving carefully, these days of texting, mobile phone distractions or with surety now.

I was a teenager during the REALLY bad snows of the late seventies [[snow drifts up to foot high at the front door winter) etc. But there were less cars on the road, fewers cars with 19 inch rims -- thin tires gone bald, texting and the increased speed in some areas.

Someone slid into me last winter, claiming 'her' foot slid off the break peddle on the snow and ice. Thankfully, it was a minor and I was able to get car repaired.
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-21-15 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I've always been a great snow driver with little problem negotiating snowy roads but it seems some people are not driving carefully, these days of texting, mobile phone distractions or with surety now.
    Surety...

I had never seen the word used this way before. Looked it up and it's one of those words with different meanings. In this case. "the state of being sure or certain of something."

Thumbs up!
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; November-22-15 at 06:36 AM.

Thanks, I love language and words. Too bad we [[English language) don't have the variations of meaning in some words like you have in Latin. But that might get us into more trouble......!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    Surety...

I had never seen the word used this way before. Looked it up and it's one of those words with different meanings. In this case. "the state of being sure or certain of something."

Thumbs up!