As a person who does his humble best year-round doing [[non-compulsory) charity work around the Detroit/Wayne County area at various Community Kitchens and Pantries, I've noticed that there is an upswing in donations around the Holiday Season. However, our region is getting rather financially hit, and it's starting to show. Talking with a number of coordinators from a few Food Pantries, donations that would normally be coming in from Gleaners, Capuchin, and other [[food bank) sources are pitifully few.

We are all not as well off [[and we would like to blame many sources for this, but this thread is not the place-this thread, as it suggests in the title, is strictly for those with charitable mindsets) as we used to be, but I know that there are plenty of Oakland County folks who can assist with donating food, goods, and funds to the various services operating in the lesser fortunate Wayne County area.

I make this simple plea for folks to give the funds, food, and goods [[especially food and funds) they got to Gleaners, Capuchin, Catholic Charities, Salvation Army, or directly to parishes like Ste. Anne's [[which will have it's pantry closed for next week only, but will continue afterwards), All Saints on Fort, or the H.O.M.E. pantry at the Maplewood Center [[they are struggling the worst) in Garden City which services a lot of elderly folks.

This is not an endorsement as I have nothing really to gain, but please at least give it a try for this time of year.

Thank You and God Bless.