Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    So the island was restricted to auto arrivals because of to many people.

You could not drive there if you wanted,the only difference between that and the race days is you can pinpoint blame on the races,in last nights case you cannot really say that you were restricted access because of to many people,so do not allow people.

You could not have driven there if you wanted to,correct?

In both cases the island is restricted by people enjoying the use of the park,so are you saying the only restrictions allowed are the ones that you agree with?

Who determines who is restricted and who is not.
    I could have walked or biked there if I wanted. I think you miss the point though, the point is that the park is so popular for people using it, get this, AS A PARK, that they had to shut down access. You are still trying to justify limiting access to the most popular parts of the park for over two months for a three day race as if the park is desperate for the attention. It is not.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    I could have walked or biked there if I wanted. I think you miss the point though, the point is that the park is so popular for people using it, get this, AS A PARK, that they had to shut down access. You are still trying to justify limiting access to the most popular parts of the park for over two months for a three day race as if the park is desperate for the attention. It is not.
    I am not trying to justify anything.

As a state park is it not open to all residents of the state who wish to visit regardless,of weather they agree with events held there or not?

Yes or no

The deal was made when the city had control of the park.

Yes or no

I and others fully understood what the park ment to the city,were you one of the ones that said to shut up and sit down it was better off in the hands of the state because the city could not afford it,at that time?

What I am saying and not trying to be an ass is that the city residents choose to give up control of the park and in doing so your voice about what happens there is now divided within the entire state.

So you need to bring up your dissatisfaction up in front of the state and ask them to look for alternatives.

Outside of that you do benefit from the residuals and it is hardly an income that you can just give up Willy nilly.

So you have two options, the island or downtown streets.

Or lose it completely.

You may not realize it but during the bankruptcy the only way the city could raise funds was through bonds.

The city's credit was in the dumps so the only way they could sell the bonds was to guarantee payment was 1st option on taxpayer revenue.

That means before anybody else in the city gets paid the bond holders do,that note is due in a few years.

You have removed an entire present and future tax base from Del Rey,Now you want to remove another revenue generating source from the city.

Can you think of any other way to remove every single way the city has as options of generating revenue in order to fill the tax coffers,so you are not inconvenienced?

What do you think is going to happen if the funds are not there when it comes time to pay the piper.

Read the history of the port and thier expirence and why thier hands are locked and you will get a taste of what happens when there are no more options.

Look at the big picture and learn from the past mistakes and stop putting yourself in positions of no choice,the city is better then that.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I am not trying to justify anything.

As a state park is it not open to all residents of the state who wish to visit regardless,of weather they agree with events held there or not?

Yes or no

The deal was made when the city had control of the park.

Yes or no

I and others fully understood what the park ment to the city,were you one of the ones that said to shut up and sit down it was better off in the hands of the state because the city could not afford it,at that time?

What I am saying and not trying to be an ass is that the city residents choose to give up control of the park and in doing so your voice about what happens there is now divided within the entire state.

So you need to bring up your dissatisfaction up in front of the state and ask them to look for alternatives.

Outside of that you do benefit from the residuals and it is hardly an income that you can just give up Willy nilly.

So you have two options, the island or downtown streets.

Or lose it completely.

You may not realize it but during the bankruptcy the only way the city could raise funds was through bonds.

The city's credit was in the dumps so the only way they could sell the bonds was to guarantee payment was 1st option on taxpayer revenue.

That means before anybody else in the city gets paid the bond holders do,that note is due in a few years.

You have removed an entire present and future tax base from Del Rey,Now you want to remove another revenue generating source from the city.

Can you think of any other way to remove every single way the city has as options of generating revenue in order to fill the tax coffers,so you are not inconvenienced?

What do you think is going to happen if the funds are not there when it comes time to pay the piper.

Read the history of the port and thier expirence and why thier hands are locked and you will get a taste of what happens when there are no more options.

Look at the big picture and learn from the past mistakes and stop putting yourself in positions of no choice,the city is better then that.

One, any person can walk, bike, or take a bus to the island without paying a fee.

Two, I’m still waiting for the hard facts of the benefits of this race. In defense of the benefits the most current data that YOU could come up with was from a decade ago and simply estimates.

Three. state oversight and citizen opinion are not mutually exclusive. The state has asked for input and there are several citizen run organizations that have sway over things.

I am sticking to the issue at hand in this conversation so I may not reply to your ramblings regarding Del Ray.