The works were entirely Roberts. He met me one late night [[or early morning, can’t quite remember) at the Red Roach Cafe , which I was helping run. I was a photographer and my photos were displayed throughout the cafe. He appeared to me a small bearded homeless and lonely man. He stayed drinking our Turkish cafe and eating the last of our pastries while admiring my photos. After a time he asked who had done them. When I fessed up he told me he was a sculptor brought to Detroit to sculpt some panels for a bank and they wanted a photo diary kept of the process and to hire a photographer he could comfortably work with. That was me. Went that very night to the studio they had provided [[yes, in an old now ‘classic’ Volkswagen bus) and he showed me what he had accomplish in the process so far, how he was proceeding and preliminary drawings of what the final sculpted panels would look like. We sat and talked the entire night. I slept on the couch in his studio. The next morning we began both a professional and very personal relationship. He was both a beautiful artist and gentle man.