Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Not impressed. LeDuff is going down for the 3rd time and clutching @ straws. Sorry Charlie.....
    Hope you're impressed Honky Tonk.

Last edited by Dbest; December-14-15 at 04:08 PM.

I'm not impressed by this last video from Charlie. Grant makers [[i.e. the city) do this stuff all the time [[I know from experience). They find out what the market will bear, who the key players are, and they put it out to bid with restrictive terms that only the folks they had it mind will appreciate. Its open to anyone to bid on - but since they had certain folks in mind, they wrote the bid specs for those folks. Is it ideal? No. But, if you need to get certain folks into town and you want to avoid the hassle of a sole-source contract before council/a legislature, this is how you do it.

That said, I'm pretty sure Duggan's cabinet has one two many cronies...

so when are the indictments coming, or is this the latest political theater mini-series?

Quote Originally Posted by 1953 View Post
    I'm not impressed by this last video from Charlie. Grant makers [[i.e. the city) do this stuff all the time [[I know from experience). They find out what the market will bear, who the key players are, and they put it out to bid with restrictive terms that only the folks they had it mind will appreciate. Its open to anyone to bid on - but since they had certain folks in mind, they wrote the bid specs for those folks. Is it ideal? No. But, if you need to get certain folks into town and you want to avoid the hassle of a sole-source contract before council/a legislature, this is how you do it.

That said, I'm pretty sure Duggan's cabinet has one two many cronies...
    No doubt some of it's standard business.

It's the way they went about everything, only giving the other[[smaller) contractors 2 days to come up with their bids. Telling them they needed 6 million in insurance liability coverage and then settling in on 2 million later, that 2 million is pretty much the standard coverage for any demo company, so smaller guys would have been able to bid. This is outlined in other stories by Charlie on Fox2.

I'm interested to know why costs have doubled. Theoretically that's half as many houses coming down that are being funded. Slash the goverment chunk in half because costs have doubled? I understand some modest cost increases, say 20%. But for the costs to double without a reasonable explanation is ludicris.

This deal seems to be the Golden Goose for the "Big 3" demo companies, the city[[with fed dollars) is absorbing costs at every turn for them. It seems like a sweetheart of a deal.

Why should the demolition companies get peak pricing when they're being exclusively handed all this work? They should be happy with the influx of work and profits that come with it.

Instead it's emails about cost increases, unbelievable.
    Last edited by Dbest; December-14-15 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbest View Post
    Hope you're impressed Honky Tonk.
    When he stops with the theatrics and settles down to facts, he does do good work. Duggan too seems to be taking things a bit more seriously. Yes, I'm starting to be impressed. Keep me posted, will you?
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; December-14-15 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    When he stops with the theatrics and settles down to facts, he does do good work. Duggan too seems to be taking things a bit more seriously. Yes, I'm starting to be impressed. Keep me posted, will you?
    I had to chuckle at some of the "sentimental" music accompanying his dialog for these pieces...

Reuters published an article regarding this issue today.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...0TY0GR20151215

Looks like the City and State are now going after one of the consultants with a felony charge of falsifying bills.

I found this line from the story kind of interesting:

"We are confident that this politically motivated attack on ADR and Mr. Ellentuck will be resolved in their favor," the statement read."

http://www.freep.com/story/news/2015...ills/77374916/

Remember 90 days ago? When the demolition campaign was the envy of every blighted inner-city neighborhood in America...
    Last edited by Dbest; December-16-15 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbest View Post
    Remember 90 days ago? When the demolition campaign was the envy of every blighted inner-city neighborhood in America...
    Now it's the envy of every contractor in America.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss".................

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3