Now that Detroit is hot and its recovery story, in the 7.2 sq. mi. green zone at least, is getting positive press one of the benefits is our long-lost celebrities reclaiming the the D as theirs and even investing. Think John Varvatos and his private Alice Cooper concert.

Now we have Madonna on tour here loudly proclaiming her Detroitness.

"Motor City, your hometown girl is back."

"If anyone can understand the trials and tribulations of working at a body shop, it's the Motor City."

"Detroit made me who I am today."

"They told me I have two hours, so get in, get out. Umm, bitch, I'm from Detroit."

"I'm very proud to be part of the going-up process in Detroit. I've been involved in a lot of projects with Dan Gilbert. From the Youth Boxing Program, to the Women's Empowerment Program. Detroit is making a comeback, so watch out."

"We are going to build this city back up."

full article at Mlive
Like the father of the prodigal son I say welcome home to all and please come, spend and invest. But I can't help but get the feeling of a long suffering fan, like some Eminem or Aretha, sitting in near-empty bleachers for years and suddenly being inundated by throngs of new fans as the team moves into pennant contention. Old-timers at Tiger Stadium use to call them 'front-runners'. Still it's nice that it's okay to be from Detroit.