Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    if you read the posts on here, you know that the suburbs and Detroit are bashed quite equally on this site.
    Nobody's bashing the Grosse Pointes except Bloomfield Hills-based DetroitBoy and...Danny [[the Richvilles!)

What kind of name is "DetroitBoy" for someone who doesn't even live in or very near the city, seems to hate everything about it with a visceral deep-seated loathing, and even posts hate-y screeds on very nice places near the city like GP? Shouldn't your name be something like "AntiDetroitBoy" or "HatesDetroitBoy" or, if you just got the hell out of here like you seem to want, "GoneFromDetroitBoy"?

DetroitBoy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    What kind of name is "DetroitBoy" for someone who doesn't even live in or very near the city, seems to hate everything about it with a visceral deep-seated loathing, and even posts hate-y screeds on very nice places near the city like GP? Shouldn't your name be something like "AntiDetroitBoy" or "HatesDetroitBoy" or, if you just got the hell out of here like you seem to want, "GoneFromDetroitBoy"?
    So says you, the Great EastsideAl has spoken. GP is a nice place and used to be even nicer just like Detroit used to be. I don't find having to have a CPL to feel safe going to the gas station across the street from GP particularly welcoming. Don't fault someone for having a different point of view due to their own life experience. Al, you've lived in Detroit on the Eastside too long. You're our of touch with reality and what is considered a normal, acceptable level of civil behavior where you live. In most of the other communities in the State, people don't feel the need to be armed just to go to a gas station.

Get a life!

Thanks to all who took the time to provide helpful advice, particularly p69rrh51 who provided the GP school district map, and those who included empirical data per insurance rates and a tax calculation formula. Your help is greatly appreciated.
    I spent a couple days looking around 48230, mostly around Pierce Middle School, as my older son will be there in two years, and his younger brother might then leave Maire for Defer [[the older bro said this would allow him to "Defer his education" for those who appreciate puns.
    Across Mack in 48224 I looked closely at the area around St. Clare of Montefalco, down East Outer Drive and over a bit toward Kensington. The lads are big fans of the Cadieux Café, so that became my border of exploration NW of Mack.
    Not sure how it will work out. There are some stunning opportunities in this area such as the historic "Detroit Collection" home by Leonard Willeke at 4311 Kensington [[now off market) and there are arrangements through NACA and Building Detroit. Interesting times ...
    Thanks again. I do appreciate your time and effort. And as a Cheesehead, it's time for me to "Go, Pack!"
    Foote

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBoy View Post
    So says you, the Great EastsideAl has spoken. GP is a nice place and used to be even nicer just like Detroit used to be. I don't find having to have a CPL to feel safe going to the gas station across the street from GP particularly welcoming. Don't fault someone for having a different point of view due to their own life experience. Al, you've lived in Detroit on the Eastside too long. You're our of touch with reality and what is considered a normal, acceptable level of civil behavior where you live. In most of the other communities in the State, people don't feel the need to be armed just to go to a gas station.

Get a life!
    I have a life, thank you, and have lived most of it right here on the east side of Detroit. Where I run into friendly people every day - even at the gas station [[and even occasionally in those scary Grosse Pointes). Oh, and I've never had a CPL, or owned a firearm, in my life.

This thread is making Detroit sound like every other city in the country,good parts,bad parts and everything in between.

I guess when a city is made up of individuals each one has different views and perspectives on what is considered bad and what they are comfortable with.

Some areas are considered bad yet the residents live there and have no problems,or maybe have figured out how to make the best of their realm in the world.If it works for them then whats the beef.

I guess the thing to do is find out what works for each individual and what level of tolerance is acceptable to them taking the whole situation into consideration.

Awhile back Ray posted police logs from "back in the day" not much has really changed on that aspect.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3