A couple of weeks ago the latest Yellow Pages were thumped on my doorstep. It got me to wondering when was the last time I used them. It had to be over a year ago and then just to grab a coupon from the back for furnace vent cleaning.

Since the maturation of the internet I never use them to actually look up anything and, while they seem as thick as ever, I am wondering if anyone on this forum still uses them for look up. Do you? Are businesses still paying their outlandish rates out of some sort of zombie momentum?

What tipped off this curiosity was this 'sign of the times' sight from a Blockbuster last night snapped with my phone. There below the real estate and car free handouts were a bunch of yellow pages. "Oh how the mighty have fallen", I thought, "not even top shelf."
Attachment 2658

While I don't use them anymore, and suspect that they may soon disappear, I would gladly snatch any I found that are thirty years old or older in a heartbeat as they offer great historical value. So while I think they are increasingly doomed for immediate trips from doorstep to the recycle bins, I kind rue that passing.

Thoughts?