Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The Civic on Kelley and the Vogue on Harper were the closest theaters to me and i saw most of the movies at them. Sometimes we would go to the Ramona, the Woods, the Alger, or the Harper. The Civic was big on Saturday matinees priced at two bits for young or old.

Name:  FB_IMG_1441326609472.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  42.4 KB This is taken in 2012 on Harvard between Warren and Mack

Oh, yeah! I used to work there in '79 while at WSU doing PR for live shows when old man Steiner owned the place. Hope they do the old girl up right...she deserves it.

As long as we're testifying here, my theaters were the Vogue, the Harper, the Woods...and of course, my fave, the East-Side Drive In!

Does anyone know how many screens the Alger had/ will have?

The Alger only ever had 1 screen. Hard to see how you could do more unless you put something tiny into the store fronts.

Let's hope the money is actually spent on the theatre. I have my doubts that any work will be done on the building.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2