After scoring 5 runs total in their final 3 weekend games against Texas, disappointing huge undeserved crowds of 40,000, the Tigers lead 5-0 against Cincy tonight. They then proceed to allow 10 runs in the bottom of the 6th. I realize Ausmus has to play the bullpen he's been given, but when your players are getting agitated as the season drags on and you desperately need a win, you don't bring in the likes of Gorzelanny, Felix, etc. that are strictly roster fillers and have zero chance of being on next year's team. You bring in Wilson or somebody who has at least a chance of holding down the fort so you can win a game before your team totally loses what little respect it has left for you.

Avila has already stated Ausmus will finish out the season but he is now clearly a lame duck manager and I've been hugely disappointed in the job he's done this year. I don't blame him for everything though. The terrible base running, pitch selection, lack of situational hitting, etc. by a veteran team has been astonishing. How do you lead the league in batting average and on-base percentage and still end up 8th in runs scored? So much for Billyball theory.