Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by jmarie View Post
    They have two houses for auction right now, both in Crary-St. Mary's. They changed the format and allowed bidding to go on for about a week. Only 20 hours left and neither house has a bid. I was told that Gilbert even sent out an email to all of his employees [[or at least all of the Detroit employees) basically giving a giant sales pitch. And there still aren't any bids.
    I do think lack of advertising is a problem.
    I think the one day auction was too little; this revision is too long. If I were interested, I'd just be biding my time until the clock winds down. More publicity and maybe a couple of days, and maybe they should just list some of the houses for sale the normal way.

I do like how they adjust these programs on an ongoing basis.

I agree. The one day was too short. A week is too long. Especially since they didn't have open houses until after the bidding started.
    I also like that they are tweaking it as they go.
    I think they should have listed the houses at separate times [[not overlapping). Especially since they are in the same neighborhood. If someone didn't win one auction, they might be interested in the other.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3