Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
You would put your face on the news? Or your name on a police report to tell the very same people that did this who you are and where you and your family can be found? I can tell you this, you are braver than I, because it wont be me nor anyone else over there, as they've seen what can happen first hand. Call me a no-snitcher if the shoe fits, but I value the lives of my loved ones.

People would assume that "of course" something heinous like the police setting fires to homes is something that would be front page news. Much worse has happened in this area for decades yet no one blinked an eye, not the people who were entrusted to do something about it nor the institutions people complained to when they did say something. No one gives a shit about dope neighborhoods until there is a career to be made or someone with power wants the land, and the city leaders would just as soon light the fires themselves if it means clearing out a section of town with the potential to create significant revenue or decrease the spending of public funds. I call this "Scorched Earth Policy."

SoftTR: The local block set is the crew who controls the movement of dope on that block. They do not claim a unifier other than that block and aren't big enough to be considered a gang or "organized crime." But they are small enough to stay under the radar until either another set moves on them or someone snitches and they get picked up by the raid van. Someone else in their crew opens another spot, probably on the same block, and it's business as usual. This is one reason why drug neighborhoods burn up so fast, whether its the cops or the guys themselves, or one of their pissed off girlfriends [[I've seen that a few times too).

The financial incentives I referred to are all encompassing, pay-offs by the dopeboys to the police, government money for fighting the war on drugs, and asset forfeiture funds.
Everything that you just wrote about your neighborhood, the type of people that live there and their activities, and your unwillingness to take ownership for the problems that go on there is appalling.

So what do you want? Have the police come in and try to shut down the dope houses while all of you sit there and refuse to cooperate with the police to lock them up? Then you accuse the same police department of burning houses in a neighborhood that you and everyone else that lives there doesn't seem to care about enough to be part of saving it?

Are you and the rest of your neighbors not responsible for anything that goes on there?