Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    DetroitBoy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Now&then View Post
    What!? He lied about stabbing someone? Now I know I can't trust him!

Typical jive:

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/11/06/carso...o-benefit.html

Carson is SO done -- stick a fork in him! Just end it now. Not diminishing his medical accomplishments and success, but Dr. Carson knew his background before he entered the fray.

He knew it would all come out as part of running [[exceptions bestowed in part upon a chosen few). All the skeletons in the closet are up for review if you choose to be run for president.

IMO, it seems he tried to get out 'ahead' of the opening of his closet door. Instead Carson has presented the skeletons himself to some extent -- but keeps changing the bone inventory!

Having said that I feel no further gleam upon the other front runners: Clinton 2.0 [[double ugh!), Sanders, Trump de' thump. Nope. I can see why some just opt out of voting in the presidential elections all together.
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-08-15 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    And why does Detroit get stuck with these people? The Kid Rocks, the Insane Clown Posses...
    Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    The Mitt Romneys...
    Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    The L. Brooks Pattersons,
    The Kwame Kilpatricks,
    The Robert E. Miles...
    ...the Michael Moore's [[)
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-07-15 at 02:23 PM.

So careless of Carson. That and his other flubs have been easy to check to verify. Yep, the curtains should be closing in just a bit. What a mess!

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    ....Now comes the revelation from POLITICO that he wasn't offered admittance and a full ride at West Point by General William Westmoreland.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/1...t-point-215598

His 15 minutes is almost up.
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-08-15 at 07:44 AM.

I hear that, however he is NOT the only lying or with a questionable past. Hardly.

Apparently he ain't to good at it and the lies and fumbles are too obvious, in too many instances. Hard to parse, square or even blanket with partisan loyalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Now&then View Post
    What!? He lied about stabbing someone? Now I know I can't trust him!
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-08-15 at 07:45 AM.

The good doctor seems to live in a shrine to himself. I do like the painting of himself over the fireplace, the rooms full of awards, and then the biblical quote about "humility." I think perhaps he should dwell on the humility part a tad more.

But nothing beats the painting of him with Klingon Jesus.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/g...lf-in-pictures

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    The good doctor seems to live in a shrine to himself. I do like the painting of himself over the fireplace, the rooms full of awards, and then the biblical quote about "humility." I think perhaps he should dwell on the humility part a tad more.

But nothing beats the painting of him with Klingon Jesus.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/g...lf-in-pictures
    This photo and caption cracked me up...
    A biblical inscription is chiseled into the wall – with ‘proverbs’ spelled incorrectly

Default Dined with a 4 star General - Complete w/ CMH Winners - And Can't Remember

This reminds me of a evening newscaster - who misremembered a thing or two

Name:  B9FkXJ_IEAAavJW.jpg
Views: 658
Size:  76.7 KB

This photo and caption cracked me up...
    Seems things pertaining to grains and ancient graves [[pyramids in particular, just ask Charles Taze Russel) perplex a lot of folks in fringe "Christian" faiths. http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-34741010

Default Right Out Of The Brain Williams Playbook

Carson is running on a theme of conversion, in Carson’s book "Gifted Hands" he describes a troubled young man prone to violence; stabbing a young man, even attacking his mother. A divine intervention occurred and changed his path and direction.

And just a couple of his whoppers:

“…During the aftermath of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s assassination, for example, Carson — then, a junior at Detroit's Southwestern High — claims to have heroically protected a few white students from anger-fueled attacks by hiding them in the biology lab, where he worked part time. But The Wall Street Journal could not confirm the account through interviews with a half-dozen of Carson's classmates and his high school physics teacher. All of the students remembered the riot, but none could recall white students hiding in the biology lab…”
    “…In another anecdote, Carson wrote in his 1990 autobiography, "Gifted Hands," that a Yale psychology professor had told his Perceptions 301 class their final exam papers had "inadvertently burned," and that all 150 students would have to retake it. The new exam was much tougher, Carson wrote, and everyone besides him walked out of the class. Carson then recalled being approached by a photographer from The Yale Daily News and the professor, who Carson claimed told him the re-test was "a hoax" to see who was "the most honest student in the class." Carson said the professor handed him a $10 bill.
    No photo identifying Carson as a student ever ran in The Yale Daily News, however, according to The Wall Street Journal's examination of archives, and no stories from that era mention a class called Perceptions 301. Furthermore, Yale Librarian Claryn Spies told The Wall Street Journal Friday that there was no psychology course by that name or class number during any of Carson's years at the university…”

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016...s-pile-n459411

What? He didn't chop down that cherry tree and then admit to it?

Curious. On one hand, these self-aggrandizing anecdotes are par for the course for many an autobiography, for both the giants and non-giants of history. I've never read his books, so I can only say in general, that it's not a good look to say things that are untruthful. There are ways to "protect the innocent" and what-not, but outright fabrications are disingenuous. Just tell the truth. Maybe you don't come across as a superhero at every juncture in your life, but you would be more human, which, ostensibly, is more desirable, right?
    So when it comes to these stories and opinions he's espoused, part of me suspects that this will blow over as a micro-scandal in his Presidential run. If nothing else, it gives the "middle America" types who are staunchly Carson supporters ammunition that "the mainstream media/secular culture" are reaching for anything to slam a "good Christian man". I'm very weary of how purported religious piety has become a core "quality" in how people tend to vote. I really wish that Carson's policy views [[which I don't necessarily agree with) were getting more public scrutiny compared to what he thinks about the origin of the Egyptian pyramids. Offhand, I don't agree that the pyramids were "built by [[the Old Testament's) Joseph to house grain", I'd put that in the category of "lesser" issues to quibble with him about. Not saying that world history isn't important, but I want to know what he thinks about health care, primary and secondary education, civic infrastructure, etc.

[[side note- the Jesus painting is classic; though it seems to have been done by two different artists, with the images transposed. The biblical quote could have used some spellcheck before it was chiseled.)

Wish they'd give this much energy in fact-checking the 'Hillary Clinton' that landed under gunfire in Bosnia- then footage showed her walking with Chelsea as if they were out for a Sunday stroll then fast forward to emailing family [[using the same account that handles top-secret State Department business-located in a bathroom in a small Colorado tech company's office- now that took some real deep thinking to do!) that it was a terrorist that killed four Americans in Libya while telling the families [[and the rest of America) that it was a movie that inspired the attacks- a movie that when I finally found it on YouTube had about 1,000 views from around the world- days later! Okay, so if we're going to compare tall tails where's the balance? And that's forgetting that it was a far right wing conspiracy that placed Monica Lewinsky in that internship job, just to get Bill in trouble. Oh yeah, she's very​ trustworthy. I don't think anyone has died over Ben's stories, have they?

^^^ Hah! Ben Carson's not Machiavellian enough to hang on much longer. I think Carson must have thought he was part of the clique that roll like the Clinton's and others do. Nope.
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-08-15 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SDCC View Post
    This reminds me of a evening newscaster - who misremembered a thing or two
    It's interesting that Carson is blaming the media for making a big deal out of this. Yet, when a veteran newsman is caught "adjusting" his biography, his career is over.

It's interesting that Carson is blaming the media for making a big deal out of this. Yet, when a veteran newsman is caught "adjusting" his biography, his career is over.
    He hasn't been totally banished from the empire, he was moved over to MSNBC.

Carson, sadly gets a lot of his archeologically notions from this man https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Wyattwho not only many archaeologists dismiss, but so do many Evangelicals and fellow Seventh-Day Adventists [[yet, Carson...). After all, he surmises strange theories to put things into a neat package [[like Christ's conveniently blood dripping down into an area where the Ark of the Covenant was waiting to receive the blood-definitely a strained attempt to reconcile OT and NT-by justifying the NT only through an OT lens-ideologies of sacrifice and atonement here).

Where did he live in Detroit?: Bloomfield Hills

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Where did he live in Detroit?: Bloomfield Hills
    Things can get VERY rough in Bloomfield Hills in a hurry. If you don't own a $50K foreign luxury car, or don't have the right shade of sweater tied around your neck to match your shirt, the neighbors can get real ugly. I have no doubt he did a stabbing. [[of a turkey @ the dinner table on Thanksgiving)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2