Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Well I guess it wasn't a rumor!!!

Great news again. If we aren't careful Downtown might resemble a functioning city soon enough.

What's does vintage sneakers has to do with a Nike store possibly opening in downtown Detroit? A Nike store would be a sign that downtown Detroit is definitely is coming back as far as retail is concern. It is still unclear where Restoration Hardware will set up shop or will they ever open downtown. A Sporting Goods would be a good addition to downtown midtown area. Dicks or Dunham could open near the Carharrt store on Cass or somewhere near Comercial Park and Ford Field. The Grand Circus Park area. Detroit has to get rid of the remaining red tape that it has up against retail that want to set up shop in the city

The main level reported to have 6,700 sq ft, the basement has the potential for almost double that at 12,000 sq ft. So roughly 20,000 sq ft total. For comparison, the Chicago store has 50,000 sq ft. I would think Chicago is the Mecca store though. If they use all 20,000 sq ft in Detroit, it should be a real treat for their shoppers.

I also think this little announcement a month ago might have played a part in their decision making process.

https://www.facebook.com/michiganfba...4093114918625/

Yes, they will be ready to sell you their "Jordan" Michigan jerseys once this place opens...
    Last edited by Dbest; September-22-15 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Hehehe.... if some LEGO sets can sell for upwards of $5000 or more... then I believe that certain NIKE shoes can command premium prices....
    Are you saying downtown needs a Lego store? Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Dbest View Post
    Are you saying downtown needs a Lego store? Brilliant!

And M&M, and a Hershey's, and any other corny store that Times Square has....

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDawg View Post
    i still remember on my 8th grade field trip to chicago many years ago the one place all the kids were most excited to go to was Nike Town... to think we'll have one in detroit.. it'll pull people's interest in across the state// northern Ohio
    We are not getting a Nike Town, we are getting a Nike Community Store. Huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by warsaw7 View Post
    We are not getting a Nike Town, we are getting a Nike Community Store. Huge difference.
    I don't think 8th grade kids would care.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    I don't think 8th grade kids would care.
    I am stating the obvious here. A Nike Community Store and a Nike Town are two completely different things.

The Nike corporate job site lists a manager position for a new Factory [[outlet) store in Detroit. Perhaps the Downtown Community Store will also be an outlet? Or this could be for the outlet mall planned near Metro Airport?

YAY Gilbert.

Quote Originally Posted by warsaw7 View Post
    I am stating the obvious here. A Nike Community Store and a Nike Town are two completely different things.

well the article states there are only 4 other nike COMMUNITY stores in the country, Chicago, DC, Portland, and i forget the last one...

there are nike outlets everywhere [[great lakes, etc.)... but the COMMUNITY stores are the big attraction, i'm pretty sure that is a nike town

A Nike Community store is definitely not a Nike Town, but I think its a good fit for Detroit

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/bus...tore/72624904/

I would love to see Sanders Ice Cream move back downtown

I'd like to see a Wolverine Company Store. Wolverine is out of Rockford so it seems like it could be a possibility. They had a store in downtown GR but that has been shuttered. They still have stores in places like NYC and London though.

I hope it gets built soon. I'm no fan of expensive "rob-me" shoes, but to whatever extent that this generates jobs and taxes, fine. These people aren't seeking out a tax abatement for setting up shop here, are they?

Does anyone know where the Under Armour store is going? It seemed like near greektown across from the old DPD headquarters in wear used to be metropolitan uniform. I see construction going on there, but nothing indicating it's UA.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    Does anyone know where the Under Armour store is going?
    Didn't know there was one being considered. Where did you hear about it?

It's in the article. At least I thought I read that there
    Last edited by Detroit Stylin; September-27-15 at 10:35 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2