Asbestos is not to be taken lightly. My father [[who had quit smoking 23 years prior) acquired small-oat cell cancer in his lungs after doing work for the Henry Ford Museum renovating wings, that meant clearing asbestos in some areas. Jokewood Hospital did a botch job identifying it as it spread from organ to organ [[including liver and intestines-funny, how I, with my silly health-nut books, was the one to insist looking into his liver), and they kept insisting his persistent 3X a day diarrhea for over five months was due to I.B.S. Our family lawyer [[whom we once considered a close friend from Rosedale) advised we do not seek legal action. Only later did we find out he held positions with prominent organizations [[like business-oriented associations in Dearborn); so, he was biased against taking on anything like the Henry Ford or Oakwood Hospital. Anyway, my dad quickly died [[without being told what he had-though we knew) of cancer, and eventually, so did our lawyer.

Back at the Easttown Theater I worked at, our technical-minded soundman found that there was a huge asbestos curtain towards the back of the mainstage. He wisely refused to handle it, but brought many other curtains and backdrops down and situated them to cover that up. If we had been wise, we would've posted up a sign. When the gay afterhours crowd took over our venue, they decided to redecorate, and our soundman [[visiting for some reason or another) was appalled to find out that they unprofessionally tore down every backdrop and curtain [[including that one).

We always mused about going back and salvaging old lighting and sound cords from the facility when it ended up vacant, but we knew the contamination level was too high. I always feared for anyone going to venture in there. Then I saw the video of Johnny Knoxville being given a tour of the [[still standing, at the time) Theater by Ko Melina. Hope they are okay.

Asbestos [[as was explained to me by a Heating and Cooling engineer/mad Firearm enthusiast) supposedly keeps breaking down as an almost infinitesimal fiber that can lodge itself into so many areas around cells. I have old Detroit News articles from the '80s written by pro-corporate conservative B.S.-artists condemning [[in their book reviews) books written about concerns of asbestos and why "corporations shouldn't have to trifle financially in overhauling their locations and safety policies" over it. We now know better in today [[especially with the commercials for lawyers defending mesothelioma victims). Yet, I use it as a model for how the same pro-corporate mentalities may be going on large campaigns to discredit other environmental concerns [[be it frac mining-what? earthquakes in Oklahoma? No?- or the imbalanced seesaw effect created by global warming) in this day and age in much the same manner.