Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Dbest View Post
    Yeah, totally agree. To me, ultimately getting rid of Ray was the most puzzling piece of the whole Fister deal. Ray didn't pitch well in limited time with the Tigers last year but so what, neither did Scherzer initially after being acquired. Oh well is right... I do like the fact that Norris appears to have some moxie...
    Yeah, they rushed Ray and equally rushed in giving up on him. Bad, bad move.

I have NO IDEA how Greene could go from decent to awful, but sometimes things happen which we don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    I have NO IDEA how Greene could go from decent to awful, but sometimes things happen which we don't understand.

You could ask the same question about Sanchez too. Although his season has been pretty much all bad. Or even Simon, the guy was sporting a nice ERA through 10 starts. Now its 4 and a half.
    JV is a nightmare most nights anymore so... Time to find pitching, first up: Norris...

It may be time for a new pitching coach too.

Impressive debut for Daniel Norris. It will be interesting to see how Price pitches down the stretch for Toronto. They don't have the luxury of unloading him before the impending hammer of F.A. strikes like TB and Detroit did. I'm sky high on the trade through one start!

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/ml...oles/31013829/

Only one game but it was a very impressive debut. I liked the way he mixed his pitches, especially throwing a slow curve for a called strike one. That shows poise and the kind of control he apparently lacked much of this year. I thought he through a little harder though. Most of his fastballs were 91-2. He didn't need any more today but it would be nice to know he could dial it up to 95 if needed. It's a good thing JD is a couple of years from free agency because the Tigers are going to make him very wealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Only one game but it was a very impressive debut. I liked the way he mixed his pitches, especially throwing a slow curve for a called strike one. That shows poise and the kind of control he apparently lacked much of this year. I thought he through a little harder though. Most of his fastballs were 91-2. He didn't need any more today but it would be nice to know he could dial it up to 95 if needed. It's a good thing JD is a couple of years from free agency because the Tigers are going to make him very wealthy.

Hard to judge this one game. It was a Sunday after a Saturday night game and last of a four game series. Sometimes hitters are pretty much petered out this time of year [[August).

Next up: Friday vs. BOS:

7:08 PM ET

Red Sox

[[47-59, 20-31 Away)

Tigers

[[51-54, 25-27 Home)

Comerica Park

Detroit, Michigan
    78°

3250 available

PROBABLE PITCHERS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4