Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Why is it so unique to Detroit that a thread on "DetroitYes" had to be created for it? Why is the OP's occurrence any more special than other people's encounter with assholes in other places?
    Again, who ever said it was unique to Detroit? You are imagining things being written that never were.

Please stop being so "Detroit hyper-sensitive".

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post
    He said "Hope this is not indicative of the crowd this place promises to attract".
    And why would any reasonable person even need to hope such a thing because they encountered 2 assholes in a city of 700,000 and a restaurant with thousands of patrons?

Why are you so greatly disturbed by the original thread?

The OP has not posted another reply as of yet. So I have to wonder if they were in fact trying to stir up trouble with their post as how their post relates to Detroit is vague, other than the fact that they encountered 2 assholes. I won't know for sure until they reply and clear things up.
    Last edited by 313WX; July-26-15 at 02:28 PM.

Again, who ever said it was unique to Detroit?
    Why was it posted in a Detroit forum?

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Why was it posted in a Detroit forum?
    Now you're just being purposely obtuse.

I regret that I have wasted time in discussing this with you. As my wife just so eloquently reminded me it is a beautiful day and we're anchored in the middle of Lake St. Clair. Time to turn off the laptop, come topside, and enjoy the day out here. She said "days like this are too precious and few to waste chatting on a silly computer bulletin board". And she is right!

What else can one be in response to obtuse posts other than obtuse?

Gone are the days of old Detroit where on weekend nights, a guy use to show up around bar closing, completely naked, walking down the middle of Lafayette street in Greektown carrying a pizza box with his clothes on top.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitbob View Post
    Drove thru downtown last night and watched as some inconsiderate and obviously overserved 20 somethings were leaving this restaurant, jay-walking across Congress Street, blocking traffic. One particularly charming fellow screamed F U, MOTHER F***er at the car ahead of me tapped his horn and flashed his hi beams as the suave and debonair Casanova deep kissed his "gf" and as he simultaneously pulled up her abreviated skirt and grabbed her ass with both hands in the middle of Congress Street. Didn't wait to see if he plowed her on the Mercedes Benz SUV hood before speeding off to Birmingham. Hope this is not indicative of the crowd this place promises to attract feasting on their $19.00 USD, 7 oz burger made from 28 cuts of dry age mystery...err...beef in the glass enclosed year around retractable pavillion.

I'm more Isosceles....

Personally, no one adds to the air without having some agenda [[it's why I'm a firm believer that there is no such thing as a "harmless question"-at the very least, we're inquisitive with folks to satiate some sense of entitlement to information that we feel keeps us "in the know and in control"). I've seen far too many free-floating posts/threads thrown out about crime or bad things happening in the city that serve as nothing more than an attempt to elevate the disgust level towards the city [[hence, why I get so pissed off at the disproportionate way the news always highlights city crimes versus suburban crimes-why else mention only city ones, when so many of the other stories that suburban cops can confirm are transpiring go neglected?). Just out of the blue, someone has to mention how they saw a crime or heard a bad occurrence going down involving their cousin's neighbor's friend in the city, with no objective confirmation....

I got lots of weird, zany, and degenerate stories to share from everything from Detroit to clublife to being homeless in various cities [[many of them implicative of prominent folks within Detroit); yet, despite my tendency to overly-digress, I'm going to try to keep the conversation objective and decent. I only share these personal anecdotes when I feel they evenly remotely apply to the topic or if someone should ask.

I'm not trying to impose etiquette here. In fact, I wish more folks would share more oddball stories [[as true as can be, please) even if it just has an off-handed connection to an area being discussed. For example, I rather like the odd story Ggores shares with Jjaba on this archived thread about Brightmoor I found, yesterday.http://www.atdetroit.net/forum/messa...tml?1215467721
    Last edited by G-DDT; July-26-15 at 03:15 PM.

I tend to the polygonal... straight lines in varying directions and degrees depending on where things lead. Somewhat!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I'm more Isosceles....

Quote Originally Posted by G-DDT View Post
    I'm not trying to impose etiquette here. yesterd
    Etiquette imposed on DetroitYES...hmmn...

BTW the OP is digesting the comments and will reply in due course.

Pretty sure you'd see similar scenes play out in just about every restaurant/bar across every town around 1 or 2am.

I regret that I have wasted time in discussing this with you. As my wife just so eloquently reminded me it is a beautiful day and we're anchored in the middle of Lake St. Clair. Time to turn off the laptop, come topside, and enjoy the day out here. She said "days like this are too precious and few to waste chatting on a silly computer bulletin board". And she is right!

The wife reminding you about things again Sy?
    I'm wondering if sometimes she forgets to remind you to take your meds? I find it funny that you bring her up every time you run out of rebuttals. "My wife says" blah,blah,blah...

You did the same thing while "grasping for straws" in an argument with me. I think the line was something to the effect of: "My wife says its too nice outside to be arguing with some punk kid on a message board". Remember?
    Last edited by Dbest; July-27-15 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbest View Post

The wife reminding you about things again Sy?
    I'm wondering if sometimes she forgets to remind you to take your meds? I find it funny that you bring her up every time you run out of rebuttals. "My wife says" blah,blah,blah... You did the same thing while "grasping for straws" in an argument with me.

I see that the annoying little gnat from Fort Wayne has returned and his buzzing around me again. Nobody like pesky little insects. You really ought to find a hobby.

I see that the annoying little gnat from Fort Wayne has returned and his buzzing around me again. Nobody like pesky little insects. You really ought to find a hobby.

Is that what your wife said?
    Is it your wife or your mom? I'm confused...

It's kind of absurd to even start a discussion about what "type" of crowd a new venue will attract based on one incident, which OP is unable to even connect to the subject restaurant. Even if OP could, is one observation really worth the negative aspersion that this post implies?

If you found the incident so alarming that you needed to post about it here, perhaps the subject is more appropriately: "does downtown have more douchy nightlife than other cities?" Of course, the answer is no-- that stuff is everywhere.

I can't believe this thread has continued. It's like a couple of children who are whining and arguing because they didn't get as many toys as their friend.

I'd recommend actually creating a conversation on the restaurant itself, instead of this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Zads07 View Post
    I can't believe this thread has continued. It's like a couple of children who are whining and arguing because they didn't get as many toys as their friend.
    It is NOT!

Yawn... I'm going to use my brain on something more productive than this thread.

Thread hijack commencing: I love a good burger. I didn't find one at Townhouse Birmingham. I've had some other good food, but I will never order a burger there again. I don't think the downtown location will be any different.

Quote Originally Posted by gencinjay View Post
    Thread hijack commencing: I love a good burger. I didn't find one at Townhouse Birmingham. I've had some other good food, but I will never order a burger there again. I don't think the downtown location will be any different.
    went there Saturday afternoon and had their $14 [[not $19) burger. Agree with your thoughts on the Birmingham location but this burger was very good. A little overpriced for what you get but it was good, and the location and ambiance definitely make the premium price acceptable. The interior is absolutely stunning.

Daily Detroit checked out Townhouse as well. Looks nice, but yea those prices will probably keep me away for a while.

http://www.dailydetroit.com/2015/07/...ntown-detroit/

Quote Originally Posted by restoretheroar View Post
    went there Saturday afternoon and had their $14 [[not $19) burger. Agree with your thoughts on the Birmingham location but this burger was very good. A little overpriced for what you get but it was good, and the location and ambiance definitely make the premium price acceptable. The interior is absolutely stunning.
    The lunch burger is smaller, 7 oz @ 14.00, dinner menu jumps sizeto 10 oz @ 19.00. It is a blend of 28 cuts of dry aged beef...as indicated.

Quote Originally Posted by restoretheroar View Post
    Yeah, a buddy and I went on Saturday night and we were really impressed. Inside and outside it is really well done. It definitely fills a particular niche that I don't think anything else compares to downtown right now. Don't like the food prices? Just go for a beer and sit outside. Interesting people watching to be sure... actually thought I was in Birmingham. A lot of people trying to put on a show.... which i always find amusing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2