Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Well not the joint is open once more per FoxDetroit 2 [[but I cannot find link).

So much for the EVENT!
    Very true. Maybe he won't be brown baggin' it for a month or so till things die down. But why blame the merchant? He's just catering to his customer base. The problem lies deeper than that. Deeper then donning a sharp suit and offering up public lip service.

I hope they continue the raids. This asshole wouldn't sell that in his neighborhood. How would he feel if someone was selling that to his children. It's smile to your face stab you in your back. Catering to his customers...ya they are cashing in on the dumbasses and bridge cards of Detroit. Check out the Escalade it bought 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    The problem lies deeper than that. Deeper then donning a sharp suit and offering up public lip service.
    That was my takeaway too.

The difference between me and you HonkyTonk?

You're a resident of a city neighborhood, I'm not. Out of stater here, but if i were in your shoes I'd be pretty offended by the whole stunt. Something tells me he had that suit pressed the week prior in anticipation of this supposedly "spontaneous" crackdown of crack pipe sales.

Detroit media is so bush league though, so don't expect the pertinent questions to be asked.
    Last edited by Dbest; July-25-15 at 12:33 PM.

Maybe he felt safer donning a suit then in uniform with all that shiny brass making a target,which in itself would say that maybe he did not think it was a safe place to be.

Overall do Detroit residents feel that crime has dropped or stabilized since he has assumed the position?Or worse?

It is kinda like the community banding together to get a rowdy thug nightclub shut down,it works eventually,you just have to be loud and persistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbest View Post
    Detroit media is so bush league though, so don't expect the pertinent questions to be asked.
    I could not agree with this more. Serving the Detroit area with much better information is one of the most important changes that must be made.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2