Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Little Caesar Pizza Headquarter Palace

Anyone know if Olympia plans on going through with this development between the Fox/Fillmore theaters? They were supposed to break ground on this by now.

no one ever knows if Ilitch will follow through on a development, unless it's a stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    no one ever knows if Ilitch will follow through on a development, unless it's a stadium
    +1

However, sources report that Olympia Development is moving forward with a new business arm that will provide consulting services to developers seeking to demolish structures located in locally designated historic districts.

...and at least half the construction is funded by the taxpayer.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    ...and at least half the construction is funded by the taxpayer.
    And he gets to keep the profits.....

In short, he's a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by 1953 View Post
    In short, he's a jerk.
    Actually, I would say not. He's just getting away with what the taxpayers and powers that be, let him get away with. He knows how to play the masses.

...Surrounded by miles and miles of surface lots...

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Anyone know if Olympia plans on going through with this development between the Fox/Fillmore theaters? They were supposed to break ground on this by now.

It's still happening. My understanding is the plans are being finalized now.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit View Post
    It's still happening. My understanding is the plans are being finalized now.
    i can second that.

I'll believe it when I see it. He hasn't earned my trust yet. So far all he's done is taxpayer funded stadiums and surface lots.

Seldom, if ever, do the promised jobs appear after companies are granted huge sums of corporate welfare.

Kinda reminds me of the Little Ceasers GO-Fast boat,once a world champion that now sits in a vacant lot in Miami,stripped and full of moldy rain water.Once it serves its purpose it is allowed to waste away.Kinda like a building.

We had one "The Doll House" even though LC ran circles around us. It was fun until the IRS decided that the topless bar business was a good investment to take.I think they still run it today.

oh, my; oh my; oh my.

We should all live in our houses as if living in a war zone and avoid public places because of the additional costs.

So no sporting events, no Papal visits, etc. because they cost $.

I think Honky Tonk thinks we should close down Detroit to everyone but workers working in the city and city residents...

"Sports fans [[esp. non-Detroiters), don't like them; conventioneers, don't like them either; tourists, don't like them, they don't know where they're going and make a mess of roads and things; suburbanites, not much better." Lol.

Ain't nobody better be sayin' nuttin' bad about those 30,000 young Lutherans.... members of the Ecumenical Lutheran Church in America [[ELCA)... the nations largest Lutheran denomination...

From a Brightmoor resident.....
    "Let you know about the impact in my neighborhood in northwest Detroit [[Brightmoor) has been. We had 270 ELCA RISE UP volunteers on Thursday. Friday we had 135 volunteers , over 400 volunteers on Saturday To wind up the massive amount of volunteers. I am a resident and Member of Northwest Brightmoor Renaissance. We were able to [[ with the help of the ELCA ) To board up 60 vacant houses and clear the lots surrounding them. Not only that we recieved over 190 4'×4' inspirational murals we plan on hanging in the neighborhood so that people will come into our neighborhood in hopes that people will see art rather than blight .We owe our gratitude to these future leaders of our great nation. The impact they have had in my neighborhood has Physically, Mentally, & Spiritually made an Impact."

We should be glad they came.... at least they're not those know it all MENSA folks again.....

I just had to go back and read the thread title to confirm that this is indeed the Little Caesar's building thread. You guys are just too funny!

I do think that this will get built within a reasonable amount of time, because there is a definite business need. Aren't there some Little Caesar's employees working in Comerica park? A friend of mine saw the former 5th Avenue space filled with cubicles during an event there.

Quote Originally Posted by CrashDummy View Post
    I just had to go back and read the thread title to confirm that this is indeed the Little Caesar's building thread. You guys are just too funny!

I do think that this will get built within a reasonable amount of time, because there is a definite business need. Aren't there some Little Caesar's employees working in Comerica park? A friend of mine saw the former 5th Avenue space filled with cubicles during an event there.
    Agree and agree.

As for the thread topic, I assume the Ilitiches decided to 'roll' all of their development into one massive project rather than start their headquarters say a few years ago.

As for the original question, many posts ago, I don't know what the timeline for the new building is. Some say it is late, but no one knows when the scheduled start is.

I'm still fascinated if the new headquarters and the new housing by Comerica will be done together. And that could be as soon as the Tigers' season ends. My guess.

Bumping this thread. It's been an entire year since the Free Press broke the news that Little Caesars would build their 8-story HQ next to the Fox and Fillmore. According to the article, it would be completed in December of 2016.

So they have exactly one year to break ground and build and 8-story building. Good luck.

Here's the link, which still surprisingly works one year later.

http://www.freep.com/story/money/bus...alsh/20184917/

Holy crap. Has it really been a year already? Time flies when nothing is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    Holy crap. Has it really been a year already? Time flies when nothing is happening.
    Yup, this is the thing with Ilitch. He has promised A LOT, but hasn't gone through on any of it, at all, period.

Every time I walk by the spot with someone I say, "This is the new Little Caesars HQ, I know it looks a lot like a parking lot, but you've gotta believe!"

This is why I'm scared about the whole "entertainment district" idea. I fear that the only thing that the Ilitches will ever build is the arena, and possible some very closely related businesses.

If the Ilitches read this board, let's see some action. You've got one-year to hit your stated deadline and all I see is a surface parking lot, something that the Ilitches love.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    Yup, this is the thing with Ilitch. He has promised A LOT, but hasn't gone through on any of it, at all, period.

Every time I walk by the spot with someone I say, "This is the new Little Caesars HQ, I know it looks a lot like a parking lot, but you've gotta believe!"

This is why I'm scared about the whole "entertainment district" idea. I fear that the only thing that the Ilitches will ever build is the arena, and possible some very closely related businesses.

If the Ilitches read this board, let's see some action. You've got one-year to hit your stated deadline and all I see is a surface parking lot, something that the Ilitches love.
    This is how the game is played. You make promises in order to get approval, then you adjust to financial realities.

Ilitch promised a marketplace on that parking lot in the 80s shortly after the Fox opened. Press conference and all.

There are buildings on all of the parking lots in front of the ballpark with the same design as the stadium.

And to cite someone else's project -- remember that GM Poletown was going to bring 10,000 jobs to the site IN ADDITION to the roughly 5,000 direct jobs in supplier plants to be build along that new road. Poppycock.

I'm not an Ilitch-hater as much of the world. I think he's pretty cool actually overall, in spite of making a lot of decisions I wouldn't. But its his money and his approval now. And the public went along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    I'm not an Ilitch-hater as much of the world. I think he's pretty cool actually overall, in spite of making a lot of decisions I wouldn't. But its his money and his approval now. And the public went along.
    This is a fair point. I'm sure if it were put to public referendum then the hockey arena subsidization would be approved by a landslide. It's what the people want, I guess.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast