If memory serves correctly, 3 to 5 years ago Mr. Rock's misappropriation of the Confederate Battle Flag was pointed out to him. I believe it was the summer after he was feted by the NAACP and designated an Freedom Award Winner for his efforts to improve living conditions for black Detroiters.

Summer comes around and Mr. Rock is planning a blowout at Comerica. At that time Mr. Rock said he was ignorant as to the connection between the Stars/Bars and slavery. He said he considered the flag a symbol of rebellion and non-conformity, not a symbol of forced servitude.

He also said he would no longer fly the Confederate flag at his concerts or use it in his music videos. As far as I know, he has kept that promise.

while I am not a fan or follower of Mr. Rock, hence I do not know for certain he has removed all Confederate iconography from his performances.

What I know for certain is that Reverand Williams is an attention whore and professional shakedown artist. Mr. Rock would have done himself a favor and kept his mouth shut, or issued a statement saying the issue was addressed a number of years ago.

As we can read above, few people remember the intital incident and solution. The public has a terrible memory.