The Uptown folks created an excellent movie going experience at the Ren Cen. Decent concessions, clean theaters and bathrooms, and good price. As others have commented, the location was kind of challenging. But I also think that better signage and some creative marketing could have solved those problems.

Biggest problem I observed was the operator's choice of films to exhibit. With only four screens, choices needed to be tailored to the most likely demographic to attend at that location. The typical film choice at Ren Cen for the past 6-8 years was geared toward the male age 16-24 crowd which I think was misguided. [[E.g., action hero, horror, violence). Yet it would seem that with the strong residential growth of the downtown/midtown community in the last decade created primarily by college educated young adults and college educated empty nesters, film choices geared more toward this demographic would have been desirable. [[E.g., epics, romance, drama, Sundance/Cannes/Oscar nominated, etc.). Sounds snobby, I know, but these locals are not exactly an X-Men, Avengers or The Purge: Anarchy crowd.