Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage Nationwide

LOL!

Another great win for Democracy!

And another great loss for those still living off of the corpse of the old world.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/26/politi...ing/index.html

Celebrate love and life!

These recent two court rulings signal the waning days of the Republican Theocracy!

Well that's pretty mean spirited for what would appear to be a happy development. Your head is up your ass if you think Snyder has a hardcore "christianist" agenda [[what is that word?). The people of Michigan passed a constitutional amendment not so long ago, and being reviewed in the federal courts, any sitting administration would have a duty to send an attorney to defend it. You understand that, right? To the extent you must have anger it should be directed at the 50% of Michiganians/Americans who just got overruled.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
    The people of Michigan passed a constitutional amendment not so long ago, and being reviewed in the federal courts, any sitting administration would have a duty to send an attorney to defend it.
    No, that's not true. AGs have discretion to defend laws or not.

Default Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage Nationwide

How this will impact Detroit will be interesting.

From article:

WASHINGTON -- The U.S. Supreme Court ruled 5-4 on Friday that it is legal for all Americans, no matter their gender or sexual orientation, to marry the people they love.

The decision is a historic victory for gay rights activists who have fought for years in the lower courts. Thirty-seven states and the District of Columbia already recognize marriage equality. The remaining 13 states ban these unions, even as public support has reached record levels nationwide.

The justices found that under the 14th Amendment, states must issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples and recognize same-sex unions that were legally performed in other states. Justice Anthony Kennedy delivered the majority opinion and was joined by Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Elena Kagan, Stephen Breyer and Sonia Sotomayor.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7470036.html
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-26-15 at 10:26 AM.

Good news.

However, I do see plural marriage as raising its head.

Approved by worldly cultures, not accepted by Christian churches.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Approved by worldly cultures, not accepted by Christian churches.
    Unless your fire and brimestone spewing pastor of fear has totally brainwashed you, you must realize that numerous Christian churches embrace marriage equality

President Obama Makes a Statement on Today's Ruling on Same-Sex Marriage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac7Ufs0YnAs

Homosexual marriages may by legal, by not approved by the church.

It is by my most of my church!

Which church?

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Good news.

Indeed. After 15 yrs on the down low, my wife and i want to marry our best friend Cindy, for all the right reasons. Why not?

Your local preacher will say about performing homosexual marraiges. " Count me out!"

Quote Originally Posted by T.Low View Post
    Indeed. After 15 yrs on the down low, my wife and i want to marry our best friend Cindy, for all the right reasons. Why not?
    Yup.

Who cares who wants to marry who.

Hell, let's decriminalize prostitution. It's a crime without a victim. We can take prostitution out of the dark and into the light, regulate it, and tax it. Less disease, less sex slaves, etc...

We don't need morality police. We don't need other people imposing their values on everyone.

Why all the fuss? The Supreme Court case was about
    coverage of Federal benefits to same-sex spouses, and
    had repercussions re: recognition of s.s. marriages.

Civil marriage is a contract. In a society that professes
    and institutionalizes equal justice under law, one can-
    not in a general sense prevent two adults from entering
    into a contractual relationship - with the exception of
    some customary mental competency restrictions.

Civil marriage is very different from sacramental mar-
    riage. The former is a contractual relationship and the
    ability to make a contract between two people is seen
    as a fundamental right under English
    civil law. The
    latter comprises rules and procedures defined by the
    host [[religious) organization, which is appropriate for
    a private concern
    such as a church or social club.

Last edited by beachboy; June-26-15 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Good news.

Do not see that coming, but if women want multiple husbands, then go for it, I say.

Totally embraced by my church; yours does not trump mine. Get over it.

"However, I do see plural marriage as raising its head."

BS.

Obliviously, you have no idea what an expensive arrangement [[both physcially and fiscally) that is.

I bet now you're worry about people marrying dogs and cats; brothers and sisters getting married, etc.

Hey, 1950 called -- they need ya.

Today was a great day for anyone who places value on freedom and equality for all human beings in aAmerica.

Today was a shit day for all assholes who feel it is their right to tell other law abiding Americans how they should live and be less equal.

Today was a great day for anyone who places value on freedom and equality for all human beings in America.

Today was a shit day for all assholes who feel it is their right to tell other law abiding Americans how they should live and be less equal.

"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." Leviticus 18:22

"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." Leviticus 18:22

Nobody is forcing your church to marry 2 men to each other so you should have nothing to complain about. If others don't want to live by your book of mythology that's their business, not yours.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ5 View Post
    Nobody is forcing your church to marry 2 men to each other so you should have nothing to complain about. .
    Let's post that again. That is my understanding of it also, churches will still be able to "opt out". So I'm not sure why some religious people are still having a hissyfit.

this is what you want to use as your guide to moral behavior? this vile thing? sorry, we are MILES above this tome from a barbaric bronze-age tribe

Deuteronomy 21:18-21King James Version [[KJV)
    18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: 19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. 21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

Deuteronomy 22:13-21
    But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die.

Numbers 15:32-56
    They found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. ... And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones.... And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses.

2 Kings 2:23-24New International Version [[NIV)
    23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!” 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys.

yes, some cowardly twit in your god's good graces can't take a little ribbing from kids, so he has your god send bears to maul them.

This is what your bible holds up as noble:
    Judges 19:22-29New International Version [[NIV)
    22 While they were enjoying themselves, some of the wicked men of the city surrounded the house. Pounding on the door, they shouted to the old man who owned the house, “Bring out the man who came to your house so we can have sex with him.”23 The owner of the house went outside and said to them, “No, my friends, don’t be so vile. Since this man is my guest, don’t do this outrageous thing. 24 Look, here is my virgin daughter, and his concubine. I will bring them out to you now, and you can use them and do to them whatever you wish. But as for this man, don’t do such an outrageous thing.”

Yes, better to send your daughter out to be gang-raped than send a strange man out to have sex with other men
    Last edited by rb336; June-27-15 at 09:06 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast