Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

If it were me, I would park in any of the neighbourhood residential streets for free. Just watch for permit parking and be prepared to walk. The Windsor riverfront is huge though, so lots of options. There will be road closures along the riverfront area to consider also. There are even shuttles offered from local malls/shopping centres on the outskirts if you feel like doing that.

Yes, traffic will be bad, especially if you opt to leave right away. Hanging out somewhere to eat/drink etc if you're into that and leaving later would be ideal.

I would not recommend taking the Bluewater Bridge unless you already are going well north of Detroit. Even with traffic, taking the Detroit crossings should be quicker. The route between Windsor and Sarnia is not as direct as between Detroit and Port Huron. I can get there in 1.75 hours or so but that's with knowledge of backroads and speeding. There's a reason many Canadians opt to take the US route to Port Huron/Sarnia.
    Last edited by yupislyr; June-22-15 at 10:46 AM.