I loved living in Ann Arbor, but there aren't too many things that I really miss about living there. This is one of them...WHY OH WHY IS IT SO IMPOSSIBLE TO GET HALF-WAY DECENT NON-INCOMPETENT SERVICE at a local pharmacy in Detroit?

I'm searching for a small, privately-owned or family-owned pharmacy where the techs are professional, the lines aren't ridiculously long, and parking is decently ok.

Am willing to pay more.

The last time I was at CVS, I dropped off a new prescription in the morning, came back after work at 6pm. After waiting in a long line, I found out they hadn't even started filling it because they needed to confirm that my insurance would cover it. [[The total cost...even I had paid cash, was $32.)

Then after I said that I would pay the cash, the pharmacist told me that because I had gotten the most recent refill so recently, they couldn't fill it. I explained to them that my doctor upped my dosage, which is why I am bringing in a new prescription. The pharmacist said that the insurance wouldn't cover it. I replied, "Yes, that's why I am willing to pay you the $32."

Then he said that he couldn't fill it without the doctor verifying it by phone. I told him to go ahead and call the doctor...whose voicemail says, "We will not verify prescriptions over the phone, only in writing". And, of course, the doctor is already verifying it in writing...this wasn't a refill, IT WAS A BRAND NEW PRESCRIPTION.

After 40 minutes, I left after still not getting my prescription filled.

They could have called me earlier in the day.
They could have accepted my cash payment instead of worrying about insurance.
They could have honored the written prescription I had brought in.

There are so many ways this experience didn't have to as unpleasant as it was. So CVS, you're fired.

Does anyone know a pharmacy with good service around here?