Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Strain yourself to read my earliest post on this thread. As a former herb connoisseur, I can assure you there is little "Mother Nature" left of the government genetically tampered artificial criz-zap being distributed in every city and state. I would hope of all folks, Gannon, you'd be the one to think outside of that cloudy green box to call conspiracy on that one.

Then again, maybe you just want to razz someone who hates graffiti and cartoons, but ease up on the dude. There is an ugly truth when Bowie started up a song with "This ain't Rock & Roll, this is genocide!"-and being a status quo age-ist is just another way of being a bandwagon-hopping conformo dead-set on such genocide [[to complete the circle: the irony of abusing one's rock-n-roll status for demagoguery of fascist proportions was not lost on WW2 orphans like Roger Waters who demonstrated it in the psychedelic rock opera The Wall. The Nazis-though rabidly conservative-were once idealist bohemian artists and new-agers who just crossed that line. One target Naziism made were the elderly and those of the "old ways". In fact, most "New World Orders" target the old, enduring structures that have the skeptical wisdom that has outlasted empires-ie. Orthodox, Catholicism, Amish, Native American Indians, etc. Abracadabra!). To best quote Sean Connery in Name of the Rose "the step between ecstatic vision and sinful frenzy is all too brief."

Oh and by the way, I am aware, as a Christian, that I am citing works from atheists like Eco and Waters, but a truth is a truth [[even the fantasiful Harry Potter flicks have a few), and I try to become "all things to all people".

Maybe opiates are the true opiates of the masses [[remember the "criminal drug evasion" from THX1138?). I guess if I have a "bee in my bonnet" about it all, it's because "back in d' day" when we toked, we hung around a more integrated crowd of diversity. This meant it was common to see heads and straight-edges mingling at places like Zoot's and Gold Dollar. It was considered a serious faux pas to intrude in an unabiding manner, as a pothead, into the non-using habits of the straights [[Thanks to guys like Tarantino, '90s alterna-culture deemed weed as being "kid's stuff", and the hipsters you'd see in the back photo sections-the ones in sleeveless bowling shirts, cowboy hats with 8-ball or Devil Girl Zippos on them-of Orbit magazine were boozing and occasionally tootin'. In fact, it bothered me that not enough of the ladies partook-yet, many were very "coke intrigued".).

In an odd and unfair twist, as a non-user, I've actually been harassed a few times at functions at the Old Miami, Ferndale, or Eastern Market because all I want is a drink or two and not partake in the "herb". This has occurred at least three times in the last two years alone. It's conformist and farking galling as all get out. It's not the behavior of truly enlightened or abiding individuals. We never acted like that then, so, what impairs folks to have this "one of us-one of us" mentality, now? Sounds pharmaceutical to me.

If one were truly content with what one is doing, one would abide better with the notion that it takes all kinds to make the world go around, and not spread yourself like an infectious virus to create proselytes instead of seriously reflecting on one's own deep-rooted inner doubts of one's lifestyle that plague one like a pea under many mattresses.

Not only will the revolution not be televised, it will be postponed to scrape headache-causing resin from everyone's one-hitters.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3