Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    I wish that Kym Worthy would have been able to nail Ficano's ass to the wall.
    No joke, another ass-clown. I still can't believe he had the stones to run again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    There’s a side note issue that pisses me off [[listening to WCHB) and certain message boards- and it has to do with the super-conspiracy notion that Kym Worthy is this [[black) man-hating ball-buster who goes out of her way to stack the heaviest charges against black male suspects, for the sake of appeasing the white statewide power structure and Wayne county in particular, that she is some kind of “anti-revolutionary plant” to deconstruct black male influence in the city/county/state. I’m just sick to death of all the stupid, anti-intellectual canards that some in my community will casually espouse without a lick of empirical evidence; just anecdotal rumor-mongering. So many folk want to reduce Kwame Kilpatrick’s trespasses as “only” being that he lied on the stand about the affair with Beatty. Totally ignoring the various other bid-rigging and personal Navigator leases and nonprofit contracts that never saw a lick of work done, etc. Detroit will continue to go backwards if the conversations don’t become more sophisticated and discerning.
    It used to be the evil white people. Now its the white 'power structure'. The thinking here is a pathology.

Al Sharpton is more oppressive to blacks than Rush Limbaugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    There’s a side note issue that pisses me off [[listening to WCHB) and certain message boards- and it has to do with the super-conspiracy notion that Kym Worthy is this [[black) man-hating ball-buster who goes out of her way to stack the heaviest charges against black male suspects, for the sake of appeasing the white statewide power structure and Wayne county in particular, that she is some kind of “anti-revolutionary plant” to deconstruct black male influence in the city/county/state. I’m just sick to death of all the stupid, anti-intellectual canards that some in my community will casually espouse without a lick of empirical evidence; just anecdotal rumor-mongering. So many folk want to reduce Kwame Kilpatrick’s trespasses as “only” being that he lied on the stand about the affair with Beatty. Totally ignoring the various other bid-rigging and personal Navigator leases and nonprofit contracts that never saw a lick of work done, etc. Detroit will continue to go backwards if the conversations don’t become more sophisticated and discerning.

^^ This, and then some.

State senator accused of shooting at ex-wife will resign, spend 10 months in jail
    MLive.com - ‎25 minutes ago‎

DETROIT, MI -- State Sen. Virgil Smith, D-Detroit, has accepted a plea deal that requires him plea guilty to felony malicious destruction of property under $20,000, spend 10 months in jail and resign from office

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in..._of_shoot.html

Okay. So what's going to happen to his seat in the state senate? His district includes my neighborhood. Would a special election get folded into one of the upcoming 2016 election days?

Seems like he got off easy. Weapons charges dropped. I wonder if I beat up my neighbor and shot up his car I would get the same treatment. He is also my state rep. Overpaid jerks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2