This is one of the reviews we got on amazon.
5 of 6 people found the following review helpful
All I heard when I was growing up was how bad Detroit was to the outside world
By Jenvon on October 22, 2014
Verified Purchase
Being a native Detroiter, I must admit that I am biased toward Detroit. All I heard when I was growing up was how bad Detroit was to the outside world. Little did people know that, outside of Richmond, VA, Detroit had the largest number of African American homeowners in the country. Thanks to the unions, every person who worked for one of the Big Three could make a decent living wage to take care of their families. When the auto industry bottomed out [[there is still much debate on whether that was intention or not with NAFTA), prosperous Midwestern cities like Detroit, Cleveland, and Akron fell by the wayside as well. However, history had proven that some things that go down, do rise again like the phoenix. There are still plenty of positive aspects of my hometown, and those who are visionary can see them. I appreciate the courage of Anthony Brogdon and his team of workers who made this film possible. I plan to purchase more copies and give them as gifts to people I know who have moved to other parts of the country long before Detroit so called "died." Thanks again, Mr. Brogdon for believing in our hometown.
Name:  dvd cover.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  36.1 KB