Please note that this event has been postponed. See details here:
8 Mile Showing At Michigan Theater Garage Postponed

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been informed of a hot free ticket event. The Michigan Building management has announced a bring-your-own-lawn-chair free showing of the the movie 8 Mile in the dramatic Michigan Theater Garage. See poster below.

As most of you know the theater/garage was a set for an extended rap battle scene in the film. I would expect the audience to erupt when that scene appears.

As it was not shown on the poster, I inquired further and learned that doors will open at 8 PM, there will be an as-yet-to-be-determined capacity limit. As there is no reservation system, seemingly it is first come, first serve.

DetroitYES 'world headquarters' are in the Michigan Building and I regularly park my car in that dramatic space. Work has been ongoing on the closed off areas of the balcony and the stairs leading to them. It is still unclear of the intended future use of the space and I do not expect those areas to be open for this event.