Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Yes, the all might-tee distraction when misused: the mobile phone. I have just started to ignore calls when I am at crucial points like loading the car, etc. more when I am out. Often I find most of the calls are not urgent.
    Phone or not, people need to be aware. A few of these robberies need to turn out badly for the thief and the shit will stop. Carry, people.

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    Phone or not, people need to be aware. A few of these robberies need to turn out badly for the thief and the shit will stop. Carry, people.
    A hardened criminal would rather die than go to jail. Packing heat only deters the petty thieves. You need visible police to deter most criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by animatedmartian View Post
    A hardened criminal would rather die than go to jail. Packing heat only deters the petty thieves. You need visible police to deter most criminals.
    They wont do it again. Death would be a pretty good deterrent.

They wont do it again. Death would be a pretty good deterrent.
    But that also counts as a homicide and when it shows up in the crime statistics, people are going to see it as a declining or dangerous area and it'll negatively impact the area either way.

^^^ Yep. Such is the consequence of criminal behavior[[s) on a community. Your response to NOT be a victim is calculated as part of the crime.

Yep, such is the consequence of criminal behavior[[s). The response to NOT be a victim is calculated as part of the crime.
    I would definitely rather keep my eyes open and avoid the situation in the first place.

Yes. That IS the first reasonable response: AVOID.

She was exiting her car as the thief got a jump on her. So unless she was getting out of the car, gun in hand with finger on the trigger, I don't see how she would have been able to use it. It's not like she had time to fumble through her purse for a pistol. A likely outcome would be the thief gets away with a ring AND a gun.

Yep, a gun is not always the solution, especially as the crooks are getting bolder. A combinations of deterrents are best: police or private security presence, vigilance about your surroundings, avoiding being distracted, pepper spray, firearm [[if you choose), etc.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    She was exiting her car as the thief got a jump on her. So unless she was getting out of the car, gun in hand with finger on the trigger, I don't see how she would have been able to use it.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-13-15 at 08:42 AM.

Yep, a gun is not always the solution, especially as the crooks are getting bolder. A combinations of deterrents are best: police or private security presence, vigilance about your surroundings, avoiding being distracted, pepper spray, firearm [[if you choose), etc.

Do you hear yourselves?

I grew up this way living between Harper and Gratiot , VanDyke and E Grand blvd. Never felt safe. Now it's happening in the burbs.

This is no way to live. Well, I guess it is, because so many do it.

This is progress? Nope.

I'm not gloating, I'm glad my Son and his family left SCS and moved North to a nice College town and purchased a nice crib on the banks of the Chippewa River for less money than the house in SCS that he lost that had a cracked foundation and a crumbling street. No need to live like I did or you are now in Metro Detroit.

The Buzz about Downtown Detroit is negated by crooks that are getting bolder.

SMH............Captain America save us all.
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; April-13-15 at 12:52 PM.

In the 8 years or so I have been living in the Mount Clemens area, I see more and more blurbs about crime in the area around Harper and particularly south of Metro Parkway, as the years go on.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavis1776 View Post
    In the 8 years or so I have been living in the Mount Clemens area, I see more and more blurbs about crime in the area around Harper and particularly south of Metro Parkway, as the years go on.
    I agree, the area between Harper and Gratiot around the 15-16 mile area is getting pretty bad. Not quite sure what happened here.

Some of those apartment complexes around there look pretty shitty, based on their outward appearances and the foot traffic I see around there.

Quote Originally Posted by boater4life View Post
    I agree, the area between Harper and Gratiot around the 15-16 mile area is getting pretty bad. Not quite sure what happened here.

Yep. Crime has almost become matter of fact for some. But I still maintain that the supporting factor in crime is SILENCE. People often know of or have seen something and do not speak up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    Do you hear yourselves?

I grew up this way living between Harper and Gratiot , VanDyke and E Grand blvd. Never felt safe. Now it's happening in the burbs.

This is progress? Nope....
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-13-15 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    Do you hear yourselves?

This is progress? Nope.

I'm not gloating, I'm glad my Son and his family left SCS and moved North to a nice College town and purchased a nice crib on the banks of the Chippewa River for less money than the house in SCS that he lost that had a cracked foundation and a crumbling street. No need to live like I did or you are now in Metro Detroit.

The Buzz about Downtown Detroit is negated by crooks that are getting bolder.

SMH............Captain America save us all.
    Vigilance does the the job for me. I've lived in a couple small towns "free of crime" but they had their own problems. Quite opposite the diversity of the city. I'll stay vigilant and take my chances.

69 replies to this thread about an attack that turned out to be a fabrication and yet I have yet to see a thread on here about the Inkster police beating the shit out of Floyd Dent.
    Am I the only one who thinks that seems really messed up?

Last edited by Zacha341; April-18-15 at 03:30 AM.

Good job, Zacha341! I'd have done it myself, but I feel like that's a pretty weighty topic for a jackass like me to be OP on. I'm better at driving the final nails into threads that need to be laid to rest.

That attack in Kroger's Parking Lot was indeed a hoax! It's that woman mentality to blame black males. For in the past she must have a confrontation with black folks. That put her in the state of mental fear.

She does not like black people.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    That attack in Kroger's Parking Lot was indeed a hoax! It's that woman mentality to blame black males. For in the past she must have a confrontation with black folks. That put her in the state of mental fear.

She does not like black people.
    so you know this person?