I'm a resident of Warren and have been reading this forum for some time and felt motivated to post after this Warren bashing I see going on here.

I'm disappointed in the apparent race baiting going on here. This isn't 1970's Warren. The black population has been increasingly rapidly. The city is more racially diverse than Detroit. There is also a growing foreign born population in Warren. My wife is Albanian and her family moved to Warren. There is also a lot of Ukrainians including my neighbors. There is also the Ukrainian Cultural Center in Warren. The mayor has been supportive of immigrants coming to Warren.

Middle class folks are not leaving Warren as quickly as you make it out to seem. Warren's population has bottomed out and is not growing slowly. Housing prices are increasing. A lot of the old population is being replaced with young families.

I work in Detroit and settled on Warren because it was affordable and relatively safe for a family. Not comfortable yet living in one of the neighborhoods of Detroit yet with young children. It's just disappointing that I hear Detroit wants better relationships with the suburbs and then something as simple as a mayor acknowledging the development into Detroit becomes about race.

The trailer park and the Warrentucky digs were nice. A good friend of mine lived in the trailer park off Warner near 8 Mile. He's currently working on his doctorate. Speaking of trailer parks, is the one at the foot of Alter still there? Been quite some time since I have been that way.